My DD’s homecoming dress -pic

Gorilla_Mama
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 4:46 pm
Gorilla_Mama wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 4:38 pm Too skimpy for my 15 year old.
Because of the length? I made sure to not buy a body hugging dress. It’s quite loose and frilly even. Like a chiffon material. All the girls are wearing short dresses to this dance but long to prom. This is so difficult lol.
It just looks short to me. I’d have to see it on, but when you combine short with spaghetti straps, I don’t like it. Thicker straps would make me more forgiving of the length
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

The quintessential little black dress...to a degree!

Now this is something our oldest would wear when going out clubbing on a Saturday night. That was ten years ago when she was 25.

I would call or even go on the school's website, if they have one, to find out about dress codes for the homecoming.

Maybe a little longer and as WP wrote, add a bolero.
SoFloMom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Homecoming is usually short dresses. I’m not sure how tall she is, so I have no comment on the length.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I teach my kids to think about the choices that they make with their bodies and that their clothing has absolutely nothing to do with that. What they wear has nothing to do with the choices they make. So as long as it’s within the schools dress code, is weather appropriate, and they like it, I wouldn’t have a problem with them wearing it.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

My daughter is a lesbian who refuses to wear any dress. she dresses sharp for dances but in jackets and slacks.

I love lace, frills and bows. *sigh* I will never get to help my daughter pick out a pretty dress. I'm sad and I have to keep it to myself.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:49 am My daughter is a lesbian who refuses to wear any dress. she dresses sharp for dances but in jackets and slacks.

I love lace, frills and bows. *sigh* I will never get to help my daughter pick out a pretty dress. I'm sad and I have to keep it to myself.
I'm sorry. I love that stuff too and my DD just doesn't. She is very tall and thin and has a body most of us would love to have. But she dresses kind of frumpy and doesn't wear the cute clothes the other girls wear. I try not to say anything and let her be her own person even though it's hard. I'm not surprised she vetoed this dress I bought home. She's my only daughter too. My other 3 are all sons.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Judging by the picture of the dress I think it's gorgeous and my 15-year-old would wear it but I'd have to see it on your daughter because it all depends on her shape.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

I have to fix the straps but this is what my 16 year old is going to wear to homecoming next month.

I think if you and your dd are comfortable and it's within dress code then she will look beautiful and have great time
Attachments
IMG_20220924_125824.jpg
IMG_20220924_125830.jpg
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Very pretty! And her dress is exactly like all of the other homecoming dresses I am seeing posted from others. That's the style right now the girls are wearing!
Anonymous 5 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 1:01 pm I have to fix the straps but this is what my 16 year old is going to wear to homecoming next month.

I think if you and your dd are comfortable and it's within dress code then she will look beautiful and have great time
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 1:28 pm Very pretty! And her dress is exactly like all of the other homecoming dresses I am seeing posted from others. That's the style right now the girls are wearing!
Anonymous 5 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 1:01 pm I have to fix the straps but this is what my 16 year old is going to wear to homecoming next month.

Thanks....i agree it's just the style now....these are very similar to homecoming dresses we worse back in 2003-2005. I think all the girls have looked very nice. I hope your dd has the best time
Locked Previous topicNext topic