My DD’s homecoming dress -pic

Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I think it’s cute. The suggestions for a bolero or pashmina are good. Also could look at dance shrugs. I’ve seen some light weight ones that I think would look cute with that dress.
Conweis
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 4:44 pm
carterscutie85 wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 4:38 pm That wouldn't be acceptable for a school dance here. But even if it was, no.
Why because of the spaghetti straps? I’m worried about that. I have no idea if there is a dress code for this dance. I looked and didn’t find it anywhere. There of course is for regular school days. Ugh.
It probably won't pass the fingertip rule
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Here was our homecoming pic.
Attachments
181FA87B-DA0B-43F2-816B-359830227269.jpeg
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Beautiful! My DD picked out a different dress today at Kohl's. I'll take a pic tomorrow and update this post.
Anonymous 6 wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:40 pm Here was our homecoming pic.
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I think it looks like lingerie.
RIZZY1
Countess
Countess

Unread post

I found out that spaghetti strap dresses are allowed at my daughter's school. I personally don't like the way they look. But I appreciate the fact that this is not a body hugging dress. To me, the extremely tight dresses are more of a problem than the length or straps. If your daughter isn't super tall, I think it's okay.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

I am glad she found a dress she liked! So yes, please post it.

I think some of these responses are rather hasty and cold-hearted about the originally posted dress. IMO, one never knows until they try it on, we are all such diverse sizes & heights and with different style preferences.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:06 pm Beautiful! My DD picked out a different dress today at Kohl's. I'll take a pic tomorrow and update this post.
RIZZY1
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:10 pm I am glad she found a dress she liked! So yes, please post it.

I think some of these responses are rather hasty and cold-hearted about the originally posted dress. IMO, one never knows until they try it on, we are all such diverse sizes & heights and with different style preferences.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:06 pm Beautiful! My DD picked out a different dress today at Kohl's. I'll take a pic tomorrow and update this post.
Every time I post about my daughter, I get nasty responses here, including some of the responses on my post about her homecoming options. My daughter is sweet, intelligent, hard working in school, and rarely gets in trouble. All of the issues we have are outside of school and related to some trauma she's gone through. But if you judge her based on what people on this site think of her, you'd think she was a juvenile delinquent. People here can be cruel!
Anonymous 6

Unread post

RIZZY1 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:17 pm
Anonymous 6 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:10 pm I am glad she found a dress she liked! So yes, please post it.

Every time I post about my daughter, I get nasty responses here, including some of the responses on my post about her homecoming options. My daughter is sweet, intelligent, hard working in school, and rarely gets in trouble. All of the issues we have are outside of school and related to some trauma she's gone through. But if you judge her based on what people on this site think of her, you'd think she was a juvenile delinquent. People here can be cruel!
Agreed, I rarely post anon, but I did in this post as I was afraid people would start mocking my child & friends in the pic, if they saw my SN!
Locked Previous topicNext topic