My DD’s homecoming dress -pic

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I know Rizzo made a post but I wanted to see if the ones who said the dresses she posted were inappropriate would let their daughter wear this dress? I picked this up today while I was out and I’ll show it to her when she gets home and see if she likes it 🤷‍♀️ She is 15 and a sophomore if it matters.
4ACD9031-0FE9-45D1-A6F0-4E1BC22DCEA5.jpeg
Gorilla_Mama
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Too skimpy for my 15 year old.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

That wouldn't be acceptable for a school dance here. But even if it was, no.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

carterscutie85 wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 4:38 pm That wouldn't be acceptable for a school dance here. But even if it was, no.
Why because of the spaghetti straps? I’m worried about that. I have no idea if there is a dress code for this dance. I looked and didn’t find it anywhere. There of course is for regular school days. Ugh.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Gorilla_Mama wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 4:38 pm Too skimpy for my 15 year old.
Because of the length? I made sure to not buy a body hugging dress. It’s quite loose and frilly even. Like a chiffon material. All the girls are wearing short dresses to this dance but long to prom. This is so difficult lol.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

I think it's really cute.

Are spaghetti straps not allowed? Back in the 80s when I went to prom, all the girls wore strapless!
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I think it is very cute.
mrsjules79
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Cure but my DD wouldn't have worn it. I am SURE most here would think her dresses for HOCO were not acceptable. 2 were strapless, with 1 of them being pretty short and body hugging and all sequins.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 4:44 pm
carterscutie85 wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 4:38 pm That wouldn't be acceptable for a school dance here. But even if it was, no.
Why because of the spaghetti straps? I’m worried about that. I have no idea if there is a dress code for this dance. I looked and didn’t find it anywhere. There of course is for regular school days. Ugh.

It's just too skimpy overall. I think you can look plenty nice while dressing moderately.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

It's hard to tell from this picture, but honestly..it looks like lingerie. It looks like something you would see from Victoria's Secret or Frederick's in their catalog so I don't think Dh would be cool with our girls wearing it.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Locked Previous topicNext topic