My DD’s homecoming dress -pic

Momto1son
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

As long as it's long enough and doesn't show too much it's cute. Gotta remember she is only 15 not 25
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

It's too lingerie looking for a 15 year old's homecoming, imo.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Wouldn't adhere to dress code here. too short and no spaghetti straps allowed.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

That would be way too short for my dd
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

I’m not a fan.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Well I bought this while I was out today. She just tried it on and loved the bottom but did not care for the spaghetti straps. She’s very modest and won’t even wear a bikini or crop top etc. So I will take her shopping on Sunday to look for something else.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 6:17 pm Well I bought this while I was out today. She just tried it on and loved the bottom but did not care for the spaghetti straps. She’s very modest and won’t even wear a bikini or crop top etc. So I will take her shopping on Sunday to look for something else.
What about pairing it with a bolero?

"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Anonymous 1

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 6:20 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 6:17 pm Well I bought this while I was out today. She just tried it on and loved the bottom but did not care for the spaghetti straps. She’s very modest and won’t even wear a bikini or crop top etc. So I will take her shopping on Sunday to look for something else.
What about pairing it with a bolero?

This would be perfect but afraid I won’t get it in time. I don’t have prime. But if We don’t find anything on Sunday then yes I will pay for expedited shipping. Thank you for this!
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

It's hard to tell from the pic just how short it is. That would be my main concern, but I know the style is short right now so I know it's hard to shop. But if it were my DD I would prefer the length be at least halfway between the crotch and the knees.

But since you said she loves the bottom but not the straps, I suggest you go with Wells' suggestion of a bolero or something like that.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I think it’s appropriate but I’m not a fan..My daughter would not have liked it..She went through a strapless ball gown phase.
My daughter wore a strapless red ball gown for 8th grade, a chocolate/pink hi-low gown for prom, black gown with high thigh split St. prom.

Homecoming-emeral green dress. I believe the dress was slightly above the knee.

** I like the bolero suggestion. Other suggestions-pashmina or shawl.
Locked Previous topicNext topic