Kinda feel like they should eat the cost

Anonymous 1

Unread post

My son's eye doctor called me today and said last month they didn't charge me enough for the anti glare on his glasses. They admitted that it was 100% their mistake by putting in a wrong code so now they are going to send me a bill for the difference.

It's not much and I'm going to pay it, only because I like the doctor so much and my son has been seeing him for years.

But idk. Part of me feels like this is their mistake so they should eat the cost and I shouldn't have to pay.

It's only $42 so not a huge amount and like I said I will pay it but if this was my business that would be on me and I'd eat the cost for making a mistake.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

My dhs dentist did the same thing and now I have an extra $100 bill to pay.
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

Billing and coding on medical bills can be tricky things and mistakes can be made.

You still received the service so yes, you're obligated to pay.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Nope i wouldn't pay. f**k that.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I probably would pay but I’d check the bill first. I mean I got whatever. Might as well. Now if they gave me an estimate beforehand and that charge wasn’t there I’d be like nah you’re out of luck.
Gorilla_Mama
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Yeah I wouldn’t like that either. Like you, I’d probably pay it just to keep the peace but I’d certainly be annoyed.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Their mistake, they should eat the cost. It's how they incentivize their employees to do better and make fewer mistakes.

For a lot of families, as they are sitting with the employee going over the options for the glasses, they are saying yes and no based on a strict budget. So if they were quoted $X when the glasses were ordered, and are now being told to pay more than that, a lot of families won't have that extra money.

Whatever total is quoted at the time the order is put in, that's all that the customer should have to pay.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Medical billing and coding mistakes happen sometimes. I am sure at some point you signed documents saying you would pay for services which would include paying once an error is made.
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

You received it, you have to pay for it.

Doesn't matter if it's today or next year.

A billing mistake doesn't equate to free stuff.
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I agree with you
Locked Previous topicNext topic