Anyone deal with this before? Re:Warehouse

Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Go to the meeting, voice your concerns, see what happens. But if I were you I wouldn't get in on the lawyer thing. Waste of money IMO. If this business is obtaining all their permits etc legally, I don't think there is much a lawyer can do. Unfortunately that's what happens - when you don't own the land you don't get much say in what is built on it.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Like others said-it's all about the zoning. This happened to my FIL. A big boat/jet ski? type warehouse went up right next to his house. The road is zoned residential and commercial so they were perfectly legal in putting up their business. One day a huge building just came. He's a single older man with grown kids though so he doesn't really care.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:12 pm They applied for a few variances which is I guess the only reason we are finding out about this is because the township let us know by letter that there will be a meeting about the variances. Which is why we think it's already a done deal since they are applying for variances. One of our neighbors is saying she is going to hire an attorney and wanted to see if we want to go in on it which I have no clue how much attorneys are but we don't have a lot of money.
MonarchMom wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:00 pm Call the zoning authority in your town or county and ask if this required a variance. If so, you should have been notified of the hearing.
You need to go to the variance hearing. That's where you log your protest. Check also what its zoned for now. If it's not zoned for that purpose, which it may not be since they're holding the variance hearing, they won't be able to build it without the variance.

That's the issue with living in a less built up area. You never know who's going to try to do what with the land. Hope you all prevail. Good luck to you all.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Momto1son
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Happened here. It has been amazing for local businesses. People complained at first but now it's no big deal.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Umm don't be bitches. You will get jobs in your area. Your area will grow.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Do you live in a city or more of a rural area? I know you said there aren't many houses on your road but is it in city limits?
Anonymous 7

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:31 pm You stop being an insufferable bitch and get over it.
What the hell?
RIZZY1
Countess
Countess

Unread post

We have a warehouse near us. It isn't right across the street. There is maybe 500 yards between our backyard and the parking lot to the warehouse. Honestly, I was so happy to find out they were building a warehouse instead of another neighborhood. At least for now, our view will consist of empty skies instead of someone's two story house looking down into our backyard. Plus, there is no entry/exit near our neighborhood so that means no increase in traffic once the warehouse opens. The only downside is that while they are building it, there's a lot of noise in the early morning. I have no idea what kind of warehouse it will be so no clue yet what kind of noise there will be in the future.
Locked Previous topicNext topic