He's mad because I'm refusing to take plan b

Anonymous 6

Unread post

Another Blah Blah Blah post.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:03 pm Another Blah Blah Blah post.
Just stop. If you don't like her posts then move on. Skips has said stop doing this
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

That’s not an excuse. I’ve been on the pill for nearly 30 years with no scares. That doesn’t mean it can’t happen. If I really had such an issue with getting pregnant accidentally, I’d probably add another layer of protection. Especially if I was only using condoms, which do have a more significant failure rate than other methods. I have a niece that’s a good example do that…
Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:25 am
Baconqueen13 wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:20 am Why didn't you have an IUD placed before having sexual intercourse, especially knowing you can't take hormonal birth control?
We have used condoms for 5 years now with no problem and no scares.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:02 pm
Just stop. If you don't like her posts then move on. Skips has said stop doing this
What are you talking about? I haven't heard of a screen name called Blah Blah Blah.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Everybody’s body reacts differently. I have a very high pain tolerance. I’ve had five natural childbirths without epidurals, I’ve broken bones without shedding a tear. I got an IUD a few years back and it hurt worse than childbirth, between the insertion and the cramping afterward. I ended up having it removed. If someone is in a long term committed relationship and is willing to make the choices involved in an unwanted pregnancy, there is nothing wrong with using one form of reliable birth control.
Anonymous 4 wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:16 am Outrageously painful procedure??? We're talking IUD placement, not amputation. Outrageously painful. Please. It's done in the office and takes no more than 5 minutes once the uterine depth is determined.

Let me guess, you find pap smears to be horrific too?
SisterSomeone wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:10 am
Baconqueen13 wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:42 pm

That doesn't answer the question.
But it did. Using condoms was their chosen method of contraception. Since that method was working fine for them for years, why would she undergo an outrageously painful procedure to get another one?
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:01 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:02 pm
What are you talking about? I haven't heard of a screen name called Blah Blah Blah.
You know exactly what I'm talking about
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Instead of replying "blah blah blah" , use that time to post something interesting for us to enjoy, since you're bored and all.
RIZZY1
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Well, for what it's worth, I love my copper IUD. 10 years, no scares, no issues, no pain, no weight gain. Good luck.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

SoFloMom wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:04 am
Anonymous 4 wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:16 am Outrageously painful procedure??? We're talking IUD placement, not amputation. Outrageously painful. Please. It's done in the office and takes no more than 5 minutes once the uterine depth is determined.

Let me guess, you find pap smears to be horrific too?

But it did. Using condoms was their chosen method of contraception. Since that method was working fine for them for years, why would she undergo an outrageously painful procedure to get another one?
I’m sure you are old enough to realize that every body is different. Please.
Common side effects of IUD insertion are extreme cramping and bleeding.
Let me guess, you assume everyone has the same experiences and pain threshold as you?
I'm with Anon 4 on this. Every body is different, but "outrageously painful" or "extreme cramping" is outside the norm of what to expect from IUD insertion. I base that on what my doctor told me to expect before I had mine inserted. He said there could be some cramping and some spotting, but it would be mild to moderate and nothing that a bit of Tylenol couldn't handle. If I had had mine inserted and then had "outrageous pain" or "extreme cramping" I would have called my doctor right away because that would be indication that something was wrong.

For someone to expect cramping and pain with their IUD insertion, yes, that is normal. It's when you add the adjectives "outrageous" or "extreme", that's no longer normal and not a general way I would describe the procedure.
SisterSomeone
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:29 am
Baconqueen13 wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:42 pm

That doesn't answer the question.
Anyone engaging in sexual behavior where a child is not wanted should be protecting themselves adequately from unwanted birth control. Condoms are not adequate protection from unwanted pregnancies and an IUD is NOT a plan b in case the condom breaks. She should have had an IUD placed before becoming sexually active AND used condoms.
First of all, you're wrong. A copper IUD actually is available as a form of emergency contraception. It is not often used for that purpose because, as I said, the procedure to have it placed is often very painful, but when it is used as emergency contraception it is actually more effective than pills.

And second of all, it is plainly none of your business to judge what is and isn't adequate protection for another couple. The fact is that they used protection, and their chosen method worked fine for them for years.
Locked Previous topicNext topic