Passenger caught on video punching flight attendant during Mexico-to-L.A. flight

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

A passenger who allegedly punched a flight attendant in the back of the head during an American Airlines flight from Mexico to Los Angeles was taken into custody after the plane landed Wednesday, CBS Los Angeles reports.

The carrier said in a statement that the incident happened on Flight 377 from San José del Cabo to Los Angeles International Airport (LAX).

The FBI, which is handling the investigation since the alleged assault happened in-flight, said 33-year-old Alexander Tung Cuu Le, of Westminster, California, was detained on suspicion of interfering with a flight crew, a federal offense.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/american-a ... co-to-lax/
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I do wish the FAA would step in an ban violent people from all US-based airline flights originating in the US. Take the train, bus, or drive.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Lexy wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:03 pm I do wish the FAA would step in an ban violent people from all US-based airline flights originating in the US. Take the train, bus, or drive.
How would they know someone was violent until they were?
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Obviously that’s impossible to know. But that’s the same for every first time criminal. At least you can prevent future incidents with that person and it could deter some of these people if they know they’ll have consequences.
WellPreserved wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:13 pm
Lexy wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:03 pm I do wish the FAA would step in an ban violent people from all US-based airline flights originating in the US. Take the train, bus, or drive.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

If a passenger has been shown to be violent and taken into custody, then there should be some sort of digital record system that has their names and indicate they're now banned from flying.

It will not be an easy system to create and errors will be made IF it's ever created.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

AZOldCoot wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:52 pm If a passenger has been shown to be violent and taken into custody, then there should be some sort of digital record system that has their names and indicate they're now banned from flying.

It will not be an easy system to create and errors will be made IF it's ever created.
They already do that. Unruly passengers can and are put on a no-fly list (as they should be). But generally speaking, people with a "history" of violence are not and I'm not sure how that would work? Should everyone who has an indictment for violent crime be put on the "no fly" list? Perhaps. What about those who have served time? I don't think so. Should we have red flag laws for public transportation? And why just flights and not trains and buses?
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

He should be banned from flying commercial, period.
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I meant that this man should be banned from all airlines not just AA.
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:57 pm
AZOldCoot wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:52 pm If a passenger has been shown to be violent and taken into custody, then there should be some sort of digital record system that has their names and indicate they're now banned from flying.

They already do that. Unruly passengers can and are put on a no-fly list (as they should be). But generally speaking, people with a "history" of violence are not and I'm not sure how that would work? Should everyone who has an indictment for violent crime be put on the "no fly" list? Perhaps. What about those who have served time? I don't think so. Should we have red flag laws for public transportation? And why just flights and not trains and buses?
I stated violent passengers indicating those who have been violent on a plane.

As for trains and buses, it would be ideal but again, possibly tricky to create.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Lexy wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:20 pm
I meant that this man should be banned from all airlines not just AA.
AA is free to share their unruly passenger no-fly list with other airlines. I'm a little hesitant of FAA unilaterally issuing no-fly status to individuals who are not terrorists. I guess this is one of the very rare instances where I disagree with Democrats and agree with Republicans?
Locked Previous topicNext topic