New York’s lawsuit against Trump is yet further proof that he’s a loser

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:45 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:49 pm
Carpy wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:21 pm This is going nowhere.
Why do you feel that way? I'm not saying you are wrong or right but just want to know your thinking.
There was no crime, nobody suffered a loss. Loans in her claims are paid in full, valuatation isn't granted simply on a borrowers word. She is going to end up looking like a complete fool.
So James should have taken the settlement?
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 4:54 am
WellPreserved wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:24 pm https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-sho ... d_ms_tw_ma

I guess it's "good" that he's paid someone?
Maddow?
Steve Benen
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:59 am
Carpy wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 4:54 am
WellPreserved wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:24 pm https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-sho ... d_ms_tw_ma

I guess it's "good" that he's paid someone?
Maddow?
Steve Benen
Steve Bannon or is there another Steve involved in this?
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:05 am

Why do you feel that way? I'm not saying you are wrong or right but just want to know your thinking.
There was no crime, nobody suffered a loss. Loans in her claims are paid in full, valuatation isn't granted simply on a borrowers word. She is going to end up looking like a complete fool.
Not that I care about banks but say he defaulted. Or insurance companies had to pay out on a claim on Mar a Lago which was way over inflated. Who’s going to end up absorbing the cost? The insurance companies will pass it down by raising rates for their other customers. And homeowners in Florida are already crying. We already have a problem with insurance companies going under or leaving without Trump maybe making it worse. I’m perfectly fine with NY making sure Trump didn’t commit fraud. If he didn’t fine. If he did I want to know about it. Especially given he was the former president.
Do you think when banks make such a large investment as a loan for Mar a Largo etc...they don't do their own due diligence into the value?
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I mean, should everybody be able to inflate their net worth to get favorable loans while at the same time devaluing property to pay less taxes? Can we all do that? Fraud is a crime regardless if anybody suffered from it.
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Unread post

No wrong? Not true. In lying abut the value of his properties he was able to get loans which could indeed cause a loss to the lender, especially when you consider that Trump will undoubtedly default on payments ae usually does. He is a loser, liar, jerk, and a pig.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:29 am
Pjmm wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:05 am

Not that I care about banks but say he defaulted. Or insurance companies had to pay out on a claim on Mar a Lago which was way over inflated. Who’s going to end up absorbing the cost? The insurance companies will pass it down by raising rates for their other customers. And homeowners in Florida are already crying. We already have a problem with insurance companies going under or leaving without Trump maybe making it worse. I’m perfectly fine with NY making sure Trump didn’t commit fraud. If he didn’t fine. If he did I want to know about it. Especially given he was the former president.
Do you think when banks make such a large investment as a loan for Mar a Largo etc...they don't do their own due diligence into the value?
One would think they did. But I also wouldn’t put it past Trump or his lawyers to falsify inspections done at Mar a Lago. I wouldn’t put it past him to bribe home inspectors. Bank fraud has certainly happened before and will again. I don’t know if he did it or how. I’m curious why he invoked the fifth amendment 400 times. And apparently this was a two year investigation not something the AG pulled out of her butt. If Trump is innocent then he is. But he can be investigated just like anyone else. We’ll find out.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

jessilin0113 wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:59 am

I mean, should everybody be able to inflate their net worth to get favorable loans while at the same time devaluing property to pay less taxes? Can we all do that? Fraud is a crime regardless if anybody suffered from it.
Yeah I’m upset the city took note of the improvements I did on my house, realized its increase in value given the housing market, and taxed me accordingly. Someone tell me how I can convince the city my home is only worth a third of the assessed value while convincing lenders it’s worth so much more. And I’m more worthy than Trump considering I’m not a millionaire who would probably sell his wife down river for a deal.🤣
SallyMae
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:29 am

According to Forbes, banks that DID due diligence, like Capital One, rejected his false valuations.
Capital One, to its credit, remained skeptical of the Trump Organization. The business had a $5 million principal payment coming due in November 2015. As the date was approaching, Weisselberg reached out with an audacious proposal: Would Capital One waive the $5 million, since 40 Wall Street was doing so well, having reached a valuation of $550 million? Capital One, which had determined the property was worth $257 million a couple months earlier, declined.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/danalexand ... 00ce2f52ca
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

She actually has a pretty good case. A lose doesn’t have to be suffered for a civil lawsuit, this isn’t a criminal case, and she’s sent referrals to the appropriate agencies that hold jurisdiction over criminal findings from her investigation. She only has to show that there was at least 50% probability. She’s seeking a disgorgement which is common in cases like this. So basically the amount seeking is the difference between what he did pay and what he should have paid by falsifying information. Which is considered a profit. So basically it boils down to profiting off of false or fraudulent information.
Locked Previous topicNext topic