Anyone deal with this before? Re:Warehouse

Anonymous 1

Unread post

We just found out there will be a huge warehouse built directly across the street from us. There are only 5 houses on our road and lots of land surrounding. Have any of you dealt with anything like this where they are building a warehouse or store or anything like that and if so, what did you do? Could we hire an attorney? It seems like it's a done deal though and we were not notified until now when they are firming up the plans.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Something similar happened here. I remember people fought it but ended up losing. Idk what all you have to do but you aren't likely to win.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

If the land is zoned for a warehouse, not much you can do about it.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Call the zoning authority in your town or county and ask if this required a variance. If so, you should have been notified of the hearing.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

They applied for a few variances which is I guess the only reason we are finding out about this is because the township let us know by letter that there will be a meeting about the variances. Which is why we think it's already a done deal since they are applying for variances. One of our neighbors is saying she is going to hire an attorney and wanted to see if we want to go in on it which I have no clue how much attorneys are but we don't have a lot of money.
MonarchMom wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:00 pm Call the zoning authority in your town or county and ask if this required a variance. If so, you should have been notified of the hearing.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

It has been farm land for forever but at one point it was going to be residential and then another point commercial so it has changed and we really weren't sure.
Anonymous 2 wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:49 pm If the land is zoned for a warehouse, not much you can do about it.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:12 pm They applied for a few variances which is I guess the only reason we are finding out about this is because the township let us know by letter that there will be a meeting about the variances. Which is why we think it's already a done deal since they are applying for variances. One of our neighbors is saying she is going to hire an attorney and wanted to see if we want to go in on it which I have no clue how much attorneys are but we don't have a lot of money.
MonarchMom wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:00 pm Call the zoning authority in your town or county and ask if this required a variance. If so, you should have been notified of the hearing.
The hearing is the time you can raise objections. It is not "a done deal" until they get a variance. But you will need to present compelling reasons for them to turn down the variance such as loss of property value to the current homeowners, noise or traffic issues, any environmentally sensitive places that could be impacted, etc.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

You stop being an insufferable bitch and get over it.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:31 pm You stop being an insufferable bitch and get over it.
Because you would be happy with this in your backyard correct?
index.jpg
index.jpg (15.73 KiB) Viewed 263 times
OP - if they need a variance there will be meetings. You need to go and get your neighbours together and be prepared. Also go outside, even though it is across from your houses it will be a issue for others with the traffic, and large trucks.
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Unread post

No one would be happy with a ginormous warehouse next to their home! No one is being an "insufferable bitch" in wanting to put a stop to it. Do you know what kind of warehouse it will be? I'd fight tooth and nail.
Locked Previous topicNext topic