Covid and food...

sarah824
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

AZOldCoot wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:47 pm A store bought dessert probably wouldn't have been a problem.

You're lucky she has been honest about her positive result. Evidently, there are people who don't feel they should have to.
She had signed up to bring a homemade dessert. We are very thankful that she was honest about her test and result. Probably wouldn't have been an issue at all, but why take a risk with the entire football team and other volunteers?
Anonymous 4

Unread post

sarah824 wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:32 am
AZOldCoot wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:47 pm A store bought dessert probably wouldn't have been a problem.

You're lucky she has been honest about her positive result. Evidently, there are people who don't feel they should have to.
She had signed up to bring a homemade dessert. We are very thankful that she was honest about her test and result. Probably wouldn't have been an issue at all, but why take a risk with the entire football team and other volunteers?
But what risk? Are people afraid her covid will get baked into the muffins? I had covid back in July and I certainly still cooked everyone's meals those days. Never crossed my mind that my meatloaf would give them covid. It didn't by the way lol.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Ahhh....the downfall of critical thinking ability.....

Seriously - you have to ask such a thing???????????????
sarah824
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:43 am

But what risk? Are people afraid her covid will get baked into the muffins? I had covid back in July and I certainly still cooked everyone's meals those days. Never crossed my mind that my meatloaf would give them covid. It didn't by the way lol.
Not worried that it would be baked into her cake, but why have her come to the school and kitchen when it isn't necessary?
sarah824
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:58 am Ahhh....the downfall of critical thinking ability.....

Seriously - you have to ask such a thing???????????????
Didn't HAVE to ask anything. We handled it. I was just curious what others would do....

Thanks for the comment though. :-) Have a great day/weekend!
Anonymous 4

Unread post

sarah824 wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:01 pm

Not worried that it would be baked into her cake, but why have her come to the school and kitchen when it isn't necessary?
Oh but you said she was dropping it off at the door? Not going inside.
sarah824
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:13 pm
sarah824 wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:01 pm

Oh but you said she was dropping it off at the door? Not going inside.

Into the school and dropped at the kitchen door.... Either way, it was handled. The boys had dessert and this particular mom was not upset at the decision.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

I wouldn't want any food that came from her because she has Covid. But I would not say that to her...I would just say, don't worry about the dessert, just get some rest. I went to a party one time and I ate some of the food and then the host told me that her mom was really sick but her mom still dropped off the food that she had already made. I was like ugh! I wouldn't have eaten what her mom made if I had known that before. But I didn't end up getting sick but still.
RIZZY1
Countess
Countess

Unread post

No. She was sick. You did her a favor. Why is this world so crazy.
Locked Previous topicNext topic