We need to understand

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Lexy wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:40 am
WellPreserved wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:16 am Do you have a link to where she said what you quoted? I assumed it was said in the press call on ECIP but the transcript of that call doesn't match your quote.
ETA: I found it. It was during a round table discussion.

I think that Harris is much more articulate when she has prepared remarks. She does stumble when speaking off the cuff. I get it as I do the same. I'm pretty good at public speaking and presenting but suck at media interviews.
Thanks for posting. Listening to her with the pauses and emphases, conveys much better than reading her words. I don't think it was that bad and certainly don't think it was a big deal, lol.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

BobCobbMagob wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:49 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:54 pm I am not a fan of hers and maybe this is going over my head but what did she say wrong or condescending?

People think banks shouldn’t have gotten help and small community aren’t meant to focus on their local community or limited geographical area that they serve?

I’m trying to understand the controversy. Lol
She didn’t do anything wrong , she just said “community” way too many times for that sentence.

It’s more of an editorial gaffe lol…
Yeah she needs a better speech writer.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:16 am Do you have a link to where she said what you quoted? I assumed it was said in the press call on ECIP but the transcript of that call doesn't match your quote.

I think that Harris is much more articulate when she has prepared remarks. She does stumble when speaking off the cuff. I get it as I do the same. I'm pretty good at public speaking and presenting but suck at media interviews.
The media probably would have a field day with me. I can do public speaking at least in small groups but I’m sure I suck at it. And I tend to repeat myself a million times because if I don’t I’m afraid my clients won’t get my instructions. Harris might have to take a moment when speaking off the cuff. But I’ve heard Biden more than her so idk. I think Biden is intelligent but sometimes his speaking is bad. Doesn’t he have a speech impediment though? If it’s like my son’s then he can’t always articulate what he’s thinking. Then ds gets mad and says let me finish because everyone, including me, tends to interrupt him. It’s not easy to fix that.
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

"Well this really does highlight um the importance of elections and who will be elected in terms of who gets elected" Kamala Harris

"We cannot wait for Congress to act. Congress must act but also we cannot wait for Congress to act." Kamala Harris

There are lots of these but I'm short on time.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

DSamuels wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:05 am
Lemons wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:30 pm
Carpy wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:30 am We need to understand things that need to be understood. If we understand things then it is understood that we understand things that need understood.

Or as Kamala put it,

"We invested an additional $12 billion into community banks, because we know community banks are in the community, and understand the needs and desires of that community as well as the talent and capacity of community,"
Makes total sense. $12 billion has been invested in community banks, banks that know their customers, know the local issues, economy, jobs, etc. Hopefully it will help the community banks compete with the mammoth banks.
But is it necessary to use the word community FIVE times in one sentence?
It was awkward speech. I’m a master at awkward speaking so I understood it. I haven’t listened to her enough to know how she usually speaks.
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:37 pm
DSamuels wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:05 am
Lemons wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:30 pm

Makes total sense. $12 billion has been invested in community banks, banks that know their customers, know the local issues, economy, jobs, etc. Hopefully it will help the community banks compete with the mammoth banks.
But is it necessary to use the word community FIVE times in one sentence?
It was awkward speech. I’m a master at awkward speaking so I understood it. I haven’t listened to her enough to know how she usually speaks.
She is awkward most of the time.
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:25 pm "Well this really does highlight um the importance of elections and who will be elected in terms of who gets elected" Kamala Harris

"We cannot wait for Congress to act. Congress must act but also we cannot wait for Congress to act." Kamala Harris

There are lots of these but I'm short on time.
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:31 am

The media probably would have a field day with me. I can do public speaking at least in small groups but I’m sure I suck at it. And I tend to repeat myself a million times because if I don’t I’m afraid my clients won’t get my instructions. Harris might have to take a moment when speaking off the cuff. But I’ve heard Biden more than her so idk. I think Biden is intelligent but sometimes his speaking is bad. Doesn’t he have a speech impediment though? If it’s like my son’s then he can’t always articulate what he’s thinking. Then ds gets mad and says let me finish because everyone, including me, tends to interrupt him. It’s not easy to fix that.
You aren't a heartbeat away from the Presidency.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:32 pm

Honestly I’ve not heard Kamala speak much. Biden used to annoy me until I heard he has a speech impediment. Right? And my son has speech apraxia. So it can be difficult for him to articulate his thoughts when public speaking unless he has a prepared speech. So I thought maybe that’s Biden’s problem. I really don’t know. He needs to take a moment before he speaks and not just blurt out some strange thing. Kamala just needs a better speech writer. But I understand what she’s saying.
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:40 pm
Carpy wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:32 pm

Honestly I’ve not heard Kamala speak much. Biden used to annoy me until I heard he has a speech impediment. Right? And my son has speech apraxia. So it can be difficult for him to articulate his thoughts when public speaking unless he has a prepared speech. So I thought maybe that’s Biden’s problem. I really don’t know. He needs to take a moment before he speaks and not just blurt out some strange thing. Kamala just needs a better speech writer. But I understand what she’s saying.
He has said he had a stutter growing up. He’s said a LOT of things that simply aren’t true, along with a history of plagiarism, so I take everything he says with a grain of salt. I don’t think his creepy whispering or shouting are the result of a speech impediment.
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
Locked Previous topicNext topic