We need to understand

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:30 am We need to understand things that need to be understood. If we understand things then it is understood that we understand things that need understood.

Or as Kamala put it,

"We invested an additional $12 billion into community banks, because we know community banks are in the community, and understand the needs and desires of that community as well as the talent and capacity of community,"
Makes total sense. $12 billion has been invested in community banks, banks that know their customers, know the local issues, economy, jobs, etc. Hopefully it will help the community banks compete with the mammoth banks.
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:54 pm I am not a fan of hers and maybe this is going over my head but what did she say wrong or condescending?

People think banks shouldn’t have gotten help and small community aren’t meant to focus on their local community or limited geographical area that they serve?

I’m trying to understand the controversy. Lol
I think people are just mocking her for being redundant or over explaining. 🤷‍♀️
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:30 pm
Carpy wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:30 am We need to understand things that need to be understood. If we understand things then it is understood that we understand things that need understood.

Or as Kamala put it,

"We invested an additional $12 billion into community banks, because we know community banks are in the community, and understand the needs and desires of that community as well as the talent and capacity of community,"
Makes total sense. $12 billion has been invested in community banks, banks that know their customers, know the local issues, economy, jobs, etc. Hopefully it will help the community banks compete with the mammoth banks.
Coming from a poor red state they benefits from smaller community banks, I am not seeing the problem either because they do need funding to compete with bigger banks.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

mommy_jules wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:37 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:54 pm I am not a fan of hers and maybe this is going over my head but what did she say wrong or condescending?

People think banks shouldn’t have gotten help and small community aren’t meant to focus on their local community or limited geographical area that they serve?

I think people are just mocking her for being redundant or over explaining. 🤷‍♀️
I guess maybe it was worded awkwardly but I understood what she meant and the underlying message was accurate to me.

I know some areas that do depend on smaller community based banks (I am sure you have seen it in the south as well), so I guess I am not getting the outrage.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Yes, but considering how it seems more and more people need illustrations to understand basic concepts, have strong opinions on topics that they have little understanding of, and believe what random strangers on the internet tell them without so much as fact checking with valid and credible source, seems appropriate to me.
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

She didn’t do anything wrong , she just said “community” way too many times for that sentence.

It’s more of an editorial gaffe lol…
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

Public speaking is not easy and some of our American leaders have not had the greatest knack to convey what they wish to flawlessly.

Biden às well, seems to struggle with it at times yet to me, it appears that he's trying to just speak to the American people and press like he's on their level.

There's only been two former president's who had the knack.... Clinton and Obama...in recent years IMO. Trump was horrible when it came to public speaking and sounded like he needed to blow his nose.

I've sometimes wondered if our VP might be a little socially awkward? Not an insult or put down but a speculation that is based on her verbal approaches during a speech or even being asked questions from a reporter?
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Well, considering how many Americans (and people al over the world, really) have a political understanding comparable to a 5-year old, I can’t blame her. These people are the voters. How else do you explain going from Voldemort to Barney in 4 years…?
Maybe we should learn not to put too much weight on things like public speaking ability and charisma. Come on, Trump sucked at it. He had his foot in his mouth more often than not.
DSamuels wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:09 pm Is it just me or do you feel like she is talking like a kindergarten teacher does?
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Funny how those mocking her for over explaining are the ones who dismissed Trump’s remarks about building a wall between Colorado and Mexico as a “joke”….

❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

You know Trump made no sense most of the time he spoke off the cuff too lol… he’d be talking about “This is such a great country because greatness comes from being great and you know…Ive heard a lot of people say, plenty of people said it, no one is as great as us .They hate us cus they ain’t us.”
Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:12 pm Funny how those mocking her for over explaining are the ones who dismissed Trump’s remarks about building a wall between Colorado and Mexico as a “joke”….

Locked Previous topicNext topic