We need to understand

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:40 pm
Carpy wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:32 pm
Pjmm wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:31 am

The media probably would have a field day with me. I can do public speaking at least in small groups but I’m sure I suck at it. And I tend to repeat myself a million times because if I don’t I’m afraid my clients won’t get my instructions. Harris might have to take a moment when speaking off the cuff. But I’ve heard Biden more than her so idk. I think Biden is intelligent but sometimes his speaking is bad. Doesn’t he have a speech impediment though? If it’s like my son’s then he can’t always articulate what he’s thinking. Then ds gets mad and says let me finish because everyone, including me, tends to interrupt him. It’s not easy to fix that.
You aren't a heartbeat away from the Presidency.
Honestly I’ve not heard Kamala speak much. Biden used to annoy me until I heard he has a speech impediment. Right? And my son has speech apraxia. So it can be difficult for him to articulate his thoughts when public speaking unless he has a prepared speech. So I thought maybe that’s Biden’s problem. I really don’t know. He needs to take a moment before he speaks and not just blurt out some strange thing. Kamala just needs a better speech writer. But I understand what she’s saying.
He has a stutter. Stutters don't cause the issues he has.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:47 pm

Honestly I’ve not heard Kamala speak much. Biden used to annoy me until I heard he has a speech impediment. Right? And my son has speech apraxia. So it can be difficult for him to articulate his thoughts when public speaking unless he has a prepared speech. So I thought maybe that’s Biden’s problem. I really don’t know. He needs to take a moment before he speaks and not just blurt out some strange thing. Kamala just needs a better speech writer. But I understand what she’s saying.
He has a stutter. Stutters don't cause the issues he has.
I honestly don’t know what Biden’s problem is except I noticed it mostly during Obama’s presidency. I just gave a scenario and I could be wrong.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

DSamuels wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:38 pm

He has said he had a stutter growing up. He’s said a LOT of things that simply aren’t true, along with a history of plagiarism, so I take everything he says with a grain of salt. I don’t think his creepy whispering or shouting are the result of a speech impediment.
To be fair ninety percent of politicians lie. They get where they are by telling us what we want to hear. Biden is no different. I don’t know anything about plagiarism.
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:14 pm

He has said he had a stutter growing up. He’s said a LOT of things that simply aren’t true, along with a history of plagiarism, so I take everything he says with a grain of salt. I don’t think his creepy whispering or shouting are the result of a speech impediment.
To be fair ninety percent of politicians lie. They get where they are by telling us what we want to hear. Biden is no different. I don’t know anything about plagiarism.
Bidens plagiarism was so bad the left of the era even called him out. His self aggrandizing lies were so pathetic they called him out on those as well.
hotspice58
Regent
Regent

Unread post

As opposed to Trump saying feds were looking for HRC’s emails at Mar A Lago?!
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:31 am
Lexy wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:40 am

The media probably would have a field day with me. I can do public speaking at least in small groups but I’m sure I suck at it. And I tend to repeat myself a million times because if I don’t I’m afraid my clients won’t get my instructions. Harris might have to take a moment when speaking off the cuff. But I’ve heard Biden more than her so idk. I think Biden is intelligent but sometimes his speaking is bad. Doesn’t he have a speech impediment though? If it’s like my son’s then he can’t always articulate what he’s thinking. Then ds gets mad and says let me finish because everyone, including me, tends to interrupt him. It’s not easy to fix that.
So you feel her deficiencies in public speaking make her unqualified to be VPOTUS?
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Aletheia
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:30 am "We invested an additional $12 billion into community banks, because we know community banks are in the community, and understand the needs and desires of that community as well as the talent and capacity of community,"
I think anyone who praised Trump's meaning as being clear should be able to parse the above.

"There are big banks, whose decision makers live in offices that are thousands of miles away from the local communities that they serve. They don't shop in the same shops, talk in the same accent or face the same challenges. They don't really understand the needs and desires of the local communities, nor do they understand the talents of the people living in them. They make poor loan decisions because they have insufficient knowledge to judge the capabilities of the people asking for loans. They see only what gets written on paper, without understanding the context. Is keeping a shop on Chandler's Lane open all summer, three years in a row, a big achievement or a little one? They don't know."

"And then you have the community banks. Banks which don't just have offices physically located in the community, but whose decision makers are part of that community. They make better investment decisions than the big banks, because they have better information about the people and projects they are investing in."

"We, the democratic party, know that is an important difference. Money invested via community banks does more good. And that is why..."

"We invested an additional $12 billion into community banks, because we know community banks are in the community, and understand the needs and desires of that community as well as the talent and capacity of community,"
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

How petty.

Biden/Harris 2024!
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:56 pm
Pjmm wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:14 pm

Bidens plagiarism was so bad the left of the era even called him out. His self aggrandizing lies were so pathetic they called him out on those as well.
All that is concerning. But sometimes it comes down to lesser of two evils. As much a liar as Biden is I have the feeling if he loses in 2024 he’ll leave peacefully. He’s not going to encourage his followers to March to the capital to do God knows what. Who’s going to uphold the constitution? Allow peaceful transfer of power? That simple fact is what I’m looking at here.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

hotspice58 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:05 pm As opposed to Trump saying feds were looking for HRC’s emails at Mar A Lago?!
😂😂😂😂😂😂
Locked Previous topicNext topic