Rep. Lauren Boebert said humanity is in its 'last days' and Christians should 'rise up,' invoking Christian nationalist

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

“Christian Nationalism Experts”…
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

BobCobbMagob wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:31 am “Christian Nationalism Experts”…
One doesn't need to be an expert to understand the words that are coming from her own mouth.
306/232

Deleted User 1990

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:49 am
One doesn't need to be an expert to understand the words that are coming from her own mouth.
For someone who is separated from the inner workings of what it means to be an evangelical and what rhetoric is normal or odd… maybe it does.

Rise up doesn’t equate to violence any more than this guy meant it to mean in his book:
94CBE014-5CF4-4FDB-8C7B-1A22C1A8CE04.jpeg
People hear what they want to hear…
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

BobCobbMagob wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:02 pm
For someone who is separated from the inner workings of what it means to be an evangelical and what rhetoric is normal or odd… maybe it does.

Rise up doesn’t equate to violence any more than this guy meant it to mean in his book:

I'm only separate from Evangelicalism because I have seen what it teaches in many Southern churches. We've already had that discussion I believe, 😆
306/232

RIZZY1
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Certainly, within certain contexts, words have more meaning...
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

Having grown up in a Pentecostal Evangelical home, "rise up" means to continue to accept God in your life, and never be ashamed of who you are and what you believe in.

Interpretation, however, is forever prominent and this can be taken in an actual way as in a literal war cry to some.

The only war cry this is meant to be implied is basically never cower to non-believers, and stand up for God.

In this day and age, it's going to be taken wrong by many, and Boebert should know better.

The "end times" has been a scare tactic used for centuries and not just by Evangelicals.
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:10 pm

I'm only separate from Evangelicalism because I have seen what it teaches in many Southern churches. We've already had that discussion I believe, 😆
I’m not sure which conversation you mean, but that’s ok… there’s probably a lot of religions you wouldn’t want to follow.

Still won’t give you an emic perspective though…

“The emic perspective is the insider's perspective, the perspective that comes from within the culture where the project is situated”

https://programs.online.american.edu/ms ... c-and-etic
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

RIZZY1 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:12 pm

Certainly, within certain contexts, words have more meaning...
Of course, but in an evangelical context, rise up doesn’t mean anything violent.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

WTF is she talking about ? She’s speaking in her capacity as a US lawmaker
“It’s time for us to position ourselves and rise up and take our place in Christ and influence this nation as we were called to do,” Boebert, of Silt, told the crowd, which responded with applause.

“We know that we are in the last of the last days,” Boebert later added. “This is a time to know that you were called to be part of these last days. You get to have a role in ushering in the second coming of Jesus.”
Some of her speeches are just short of calling for violence. She reminds me of people or groups that take what they want from a religion for their own benefit and it’s usually not the good parts of the religion. .
Locked Previous topicNext topic