Rep. Lauren Boebert said humanity is in its 'last days' and Christians should 'rise up,' invoking Christian nationalist

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I don’t really count that. I know what was told to Samuel and from Samuel to Saul, but Saul remained the monarch of the Kingdom of Israel until his death. I think if I remember right it seemed like it was more figurative than literal implying that it would have been Saul not David who united the Kingdom of Israel with the Kingdom of Judah had he not disobeyed. Been a long time since I’ve read it though. Maybe I will sometime in the near future but right now, I don’t think I’m in the right headspace to read it without bias. All the anti-choice stuff keeps causing me to think on the first born sons and the flood.
BobCobbMagob wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:02 pm When Saul failed to wipe out the Amalekites.
Book of Samuel.
Quorra2.0 wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:27 pm I don’t recall that from the Bible. I do recall scripture in which David had asked God about the famine and God had told him it was as judgement on Saul for the extermination of the Gibeonites.

BobCobbMagob wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:44 pm Genocide is supported in the Bible depending on the sins of those you’re going to attack. Not just supported, but punished for by not committing fully…

The reason King Saul was punished by God and stripped of his kingdom is because he didn’t fully commit genocide on the next door neighbor.

Even Jesus Christ said he didn’t come to bring peace, but to bring a sword, cutting apart the believers and punishing non believers…

“ Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to turn man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law. Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.”
And what is Jesus? Life.

Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I meant I have never read the Bible. Growing up no one was really religious.

I just think that nothing was known scientifically 2,000 years ago so it’s a little bit like Greek mythology.
Quorra2.0 wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:29 pm I was asking to clarify what you hadn’t read. Tbh, aside from a few who have stated their religions, I don’t really contemplate or assume so wanted to make sure I wasn’t misunderstanding.

I’ve read it multiple times cover to cover. Parts are nothing more than history and out of those parts some has been confirmed, not necessarily how it’s depicted but that certain conflicts occurred with certain outcomes. I have a plethora of reasons for not being Christian and it’s not based on not knowing or understanding the religion.
Lemons wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:55 pm Weren’t those quotes bob put up from the Bible?
Quorra2.0 wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:35 pm The Bible?

Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

BobCobbMagob wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:05 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:22 pm
BobCobbMagob wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:02 pm

Yep.
Russia, England, France, any Christian nation really.

That’s why they all did it.
Yes. It's yet another similarity between the Bible and the Koran.

It sounds like justification for empire building, nothing more.
The Bible is actually more violent than the Koran if you go by death toll.
I have read that the Koran and Muslim religion is much more recent than Christianity so they are more like Christians were Centuries ago with things like feeding people to lions, stuff like that. That the Muslim religion would have less violence and infighting as time goes on. Not sure if that’s true.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:01 am I meant I have never read the Bible. Growing up no one was really religious.

I just think that nothing was known scientifically 2,000 years ago so it’s a little bit like Greek mythology.
Quorra2.0 wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:29 pm I was asking to clarify what you hadn’t read. Tbh, aside from a few who have stated their religions, I don’t really contemplate or assume so wanted to make sure I wasn’t misunderstanding.

I’ve read it multiple times cover to cover. Parts are nothing more than history and out of those parts some has been confirmed, not necessarily how it’s depicted but that certain conflicts occurred with certain outcomes. I have a plethora of reasons for not being Christian and it’s not based on not knowing or understanding the religion.
Lemons wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:55 pm Weren’t those quotes bob put up from the Bible?

There was a lot of scientific knowledge 2000 years ago.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

If anyone is interested
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Boebert is a moron. Ignore her.
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

EarlGrayHot wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:51 am Boebert is a moron. Ignore her.
Moron or not, she represents a large portion of our population who believe in this ideology in some form or another. We can’t ignore it.

Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Scary. I agree. Sometimes you can’t just ignore someone because what they say seems idiotic. Words tend to become actions and that’s usually when it becomes to late and we tell ourselves we shouldn’t have ignored it before.
mommy_jules wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:06 am
EarlGrayHot wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:51 am Boebert is a moron. Ignore her.
Moron or not, she represents a large portion of our population who believe in this ideology in some form or another. We can’t ignore it.

❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Jeff Sharlet is live tweeting the conference/panel/whatever you call it.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

As it usually happens (at least in Judaism) it wasn’t as simple as “encouraging genocide”.

https://aish.com/wiping-out-amalek/

We can’t just read the Torah and think we got the whole picture. It wasn’t just a whim to kill Amalek. It wasn’t a perceived threat like most genocides in history. After all, because of Saul’s moment of mercy, the Jews were almost wiped out twice in history by Amalek’s descendants- by Haman, during the time of Esther and by Hitler, during the Holocaust. And the relationship between both is so uncanny.

https://www.thetorah.com/article/purim ... s-of-haman

So maybe that was the only time in history that threat could be completely destroyed because afterwards it disappears into the nations. These are things that are very hard for us to comprehend. But it doesn’t make them evil. The Torah doesn’t condone or encourage genocide, but there was a reason why THIS particular genocide had to happen.
Quorra2.0 wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:08 pm I don’t really count that. I know what was told to Samuel and from Samuel to Saul, but Saul remained the monarch of the Kingdom of Israel until his death. I think if I remember right it seemed like it was more figurative than literal implying that it would have been Saul not David who united the Kingdom of Israel with the Kingdom of Judah had he not disobeyed. Been a long time since I’ve read it though. Maybe I will sometime in the near future but right now, I don’t think I’m in the right headspace to read it without bias. All the anti-choice stuff keeps causing me to think on the first born sons and the flood.
BobCobbMagob wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:02 pm When Saul failed to wipe out the Amalekites.
Book of Samuel.
Quorra2.0 wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:27 pm I don’t recall that from the Bible. I do recall scripture in which David had asked God about the famine and God had told him it was as judgement on Saul for the extermination of the Gibeonites.

❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Locked Previous topicNext topic