DeSantis is a piece of shit

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:51 pm
AZOldCoot wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:12 pm
SallyMae wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:34 pm

No, you are just trolling.

I do hope people see this sums up the MAGA philosophy in a nutshell. But it's 100% wrong. The only way to get to the future is to bring everyone.
Oh cut the crap, SallyMae. You're a condescending snot and very difficult to have a good conversation with here, and I know I am not the only one to feel this way

Even with your sometimes wrapped up in a little bow add-ons of "Thank you for the conversation" comments, your true colors unfortunately shine through, causing some to not feel it's worth their time to have a conversation with you.

You want everyone on board, coming together to make changes, start first with changing your approaches.

You might be taken more seriously then.
I’ve never seen sally post anything that she couldn’t back up with facts. She’s well read on the topics and I appreciate that. It shouldn’t be a negative.
It's often not the things mentioned but HOW they're mentioned and opined.

Goes back to the old saying of "not what you say but how it's said."

The negative is not really the context or how well-read a person may be but the way they go about discussing and addressing those topics.

Not everyone will respond well to another who approaches discussions the way she sometimes does. Instead of realizing this, she says someone is trolling.

I suppose, then, that the same can be said about her......yes?
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

AZOldCoot wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:20 pm
AZOldCoot wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:12 pm

Oh cut the crap, SallyMae. You're a condescending snot and very difficult to have a good conversation with here, and I know I am not the only one to feel this way

Even with your sometimes wrapped up in a little bow add-ons of "Thank you for the conversation" comments, your true colors unfortunately shine through, causing some to not feel it's worth their time to have a conversation with you.

You want everyone on board, coming together to make changes, start first with changing your approaches.

You might be taken more seriously then.
I’ve never seen sally post anything that she couldn’t back up with facts. She’s well read on the topics and I appreciate that. It shouldn’t be a negative.

The negative is not really the context or how well-read a person may be but the way they go about discussing and addressing those topics.

Not everyone will respond well to another who approaches discussions the way she sometimes does. Instead of realizing this, she says someone is trolling.

It’s difficult to get Carpy to respond after she writes half a sentence insulting you. It’s like, what are you talking about? Spell it out! You respond when people post to you, that’s all people are asking, for a response when someone asks what they mean.
SallyMae
Regent
Regent

Unread post

AZOldCoot wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:58 pm
My comments were to YOU and how you come across here.

Put aside the political rhetoric and understand that.

She's apparently just not that into you. If you care, instead of politicizing and calling her a troll, step outside of the glory that is you and consider what I've written.
I'm not "politicizing," this is a discussion about politics. I looked into the immigration issue and found some very practical, feasible and non-partisan policy recommendations that would make a huge difference. They include changing the way we do amnesty, beefing up border infrastructure and allowing more work permits.

Are these good ideas? Maybe not. If there are convincing arguments against them, I would love to know, so we can figure out better ideas. That's what a political discussion could be.
SallyMae
Regent
Regent

Unread post

AZ, give me a break. Carpy quoted me and accused me of "gaslighting," but has no fact or argument to back that shit up. Yes, that is trolling, as is the tired excuse about how there "are" good reasons, but it's just no use explaining it to "some people."

The *entire right* has no answers, will not engage in good faith, is ignoring the facts, and is reduced to trolling, INCLUDING this latest stunt from DeSantis.

The problem is not how I say this. It's facing this fact.
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

SallyMae wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:41 pm
AZOldCoot wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:58 pm
My comments were to YOU and how you come across here.

Put aside the political rhetoric and understand that.

She's apparently just not that into you. If you care, instead of politicizing and calling her a troll, step outside of the glory that is you and consider what I've written.
I'm not "politicizing," this is a discussion about politics. I looked into the immigration issue and found some very practical, feasible and non-partisan policy recommendations that would make a huge difference. They include changing the way we do amnesty, beefing up border infrastructure and allowing more work permits.

Are these good ideas? Maybe not. If there are convincing arguments against them, I would love to know, so we can figure out better ideas. That's what a political discussion could be.
Again, you're not understanding what I'm trying to say to you.

My comments to you weren't politically based but directly to you and how you often come across.

I don't believe you're sincerely trying to come together for better solutions all the time...not when I've seen you put down posters who may have a different viewpoint from you.
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

SallyMae wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:42 pm

AZ, give me a break. Carpy quoted me and accused me of "gaslighting," but has no fact or argument to back that shit up. Yes, that is trolling, as is the tired excuse about how there "are" good reasons, but it's just no use explaining it to "some people."

The *entire right* has no answers, will not engage in good faith, is ignoring the facts, and is reduced to trolling, INCLUDING this latest stunt from DeSantis.

The problem is not how I say this. It's facing this fact.
Thanks for proving my points in your generalizations above.

Have you thought of asking these ladies who've written this why they feel how they feel toward you vs assuming you know?
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:19 pm

It’s difficult to get Carpy to respond after she writes half a sentence insulting you. It’s like, what are you talking about? Spell it out! You respond when people post to you, that’s all people are asking, for a response when someone asks what they mean.
That's just it.... there's no mandate to respond and if a poster feels others are not worth her time responding to, then that's that. KWIM?

Has she been asked why she feels this way?

And let's be honest...she is definitely not the only one to he insulting at times. Insults can be gift wrapped and wordy but they're still only insults.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

AZOldCoot wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:10 pm

That's just it.... there's no mandate to respond and if a poster feels others are not worth her time responding to, then that's that. KWIM?

And let's be honest...she is definitely not the only one to he insulting at times. Insults can be gift wrapped and wordy but they're still only insults.
And yet she takes the time to respond that she's not responding, lol. I mean it is sort of the equivalent of grade school "that's for me to know and you to find out"? Fine in grade school, trolling on a political discussion board.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:15 pm

And yet she takes the time to respond that she's not responding, lol. I mean it is sort of the equivalent of grade school "that's for me to know and you to find out"? Fine in grade school, trolling on a political discussion board.
Or it could be seen as stating that she has nothing else to add or say.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

AZOldCoot wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:21 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:15 pm

Or it could be seen as stating that she has nothing else to add or say.
Lol. Well that's one way to read it!
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Locked Previous topicNext topic