Masking at school

Anonymous 1

Unread post

So last night was back to school night. I was sad to see that no one but me was wearing a mask.
They announced that this year its business as usual. They said kids are welcome to wear masks but it will not be enforced at all. Lunch is back to normal schedule. All clubs and sports are back. All after school and before school activities are starting back up. Field trips are happening. No social distance at all. Everyone was happy.

I spoke up about the stafty of the kids and I was brushed off. I heard other parents telling me to shut up. Someone called me Karen and covid nazi.

This pandemic in not over.

What can I do? My heart breaks for all the kids.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Stop being dramatic.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Covid is no longer as dangerous as it was. Deaths are no where near what they used to be so why is your heart breaking? They get sick, they'll get over it and life will go on.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Yes the pandemic is over. Lmao.
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

It’s time to let it go.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Covid isn't as bad as it was. I feel comfortable sending my kids back this year.
RIZZY1
Countess
Countess

Unread post

I don't know. I'm still concerned about it and all but our lives are back to normal, too.We only wear a mask in places that ask us to or where most people are wearing them. You're free to cause a ruckus but I doubt you will be able to effect any change and you might alienate yourself and your kids in the process. It's a shame that the virus became political in the first place but here we are. I tend to lean towards you have to do what is right for you and your family and only worry about that.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

My dentist isn’t requiring masks anymore either. Honestly Covid is still a concern and in some instances I can see using them. On the other hand there’s a mental price to pay for using them. Take my job. My hard of hearing clients can’t understand crap unless I take my mask off. Children probably feel isolated with them, they hurt the ears, they’re annoying. I’d say if one has cold symptoms, are unvaccinated or immunosuppressed, wear them. Otherwise I feel I could die on the highway home tonight, have a stroke or get MS. Life is uncertain.
RIZZY1
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:51 pm My dentist isn’t requiring masks anymore either. Honestly Covid is still a concern and in some instances I can see using them. On the other hand there’s a mental price to pay for using them. Take my job. My hard of hearing clients can’t understand crap unless I take my mask off. Children probably feel isolated with them, they hurt the ears, they’re annoying. I’d say if one has cold symptoms, are unvaccinated or immunosuppressed, wear them. Otherwise I feel I could die on the highway home tonight, have a stroke or get MS. Life is uncertain.
This is sooo true. We've tried all the clear masks, too. None of them were comfortable or even worked well. People who sign or read lips need to see your whole face. When using ASL, you also use a lot of facial expressions that are completely missed with a mask on. Plus, when I interpret for my husband, neither I nor the person speaking can be wearing a mask.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Unless one works in a medical facility or with high risk clients/patients the pandemic is essentially over. The majority of covid cases are now mild and often people are asymptomatic. Vaccinations and boosters have helped tremendously in getting to this stage. Of course if there is a large outbreak the schools will start requiring masks again and if a student pops positive they are still required to follow covid isolation protocols but for the most part Covid is well under control, thus ending the pandemic stage.

Now the focus is on MonkeyPox and well as long as your kid isn't in wrestling or another high contact sport they are relatively safe from contracting it.
Locked Previous topicNext topic