Ever been gifted something from someone you don’t know?

mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

This morning my DH found a package from Walmart on our front porch that has my DH slightly freaked about. We didn’t order anything from Walmart, and it doesn’t have our name on it either. That’s not the freaky part. It could be a neighbors after all, right? But it was delivered not mailed, so it’s just in a Walmart bag. You could see what it was, and it was something my DH had been looking at a few days before on the Walmart app. I told him it still could be a coincidence, and it actually was just delivered to the wrong address. That happens. Called Walmart customer service. Nope…it was delivered to the right address…our address and was apparently sent as a gift from some guy we’ve never heard of. And before anyone asks, we do not have a wishlist or anything of that nature. I changed my password for my Walmart account. I’ve heard of “brushing” scans, but that doesn’t seem to be what this is. At least I don’t think so.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

mommy_jules wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:11 am This morning my DH found a package from Walmart on our front porch that has my DH slightly freaked about. We didn’t order anything from Walmart, and it doesn’t have our name on it either. That’s not the freaky part. It could be a neighbors after all, right? But it was delivered not mailed, so it’s just in a Walmart bag. You could see what it was, and it was something my DH had been looking at a few days before on the Walmart app. I told him it still could be a coincidence, and it actually was just delivered to the wrong address. That happens. Called Walmart customer service. Nope…it was delivered to the right address…our address and was apparently sent as a gift from some guy we’ve never heard of. And before anyone asks, we do not have a wishlist or anything of that nature. I changed my password for my Walmart account. I’ve heard of “brushing” scans, but that doesn’t seem to be what this is. At least I don’t think so.
Christmas, everyone in our friend group got one of those Ninja 10 in 1 air fryers. They were also delivered to our address and the only note on it was a computer printed Christmas Tag that said - Merry Christmas, a little thing to make your day. Everyone got one and no one to this day has admitted to purchasing them. Someone purchased 10 of them at $300 each, all I can tell you is there is no way it was me. It was definitely someone who knew the house set up, because the two people with Ring doorbells did not see a car and the person delivered it to a area that was not seen by the ring. One of the house the footprints were to the side of the house and the package was put over the side railing of the porch.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

That's a little creepy -- is there anyway that a co-worker, church member, or student saw it on his phone and decided to spontaneously buy it as a gift? So although it's anon, you actually do know them?

The other thing I have accidently done, is purchased something using one-click thinking I just put it in my cart, HAHA, so I surprised myself upon delivery -- 'cause I'm mess like that.
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:06 am That's a little creepy -- is there anyway that a co-worker, church member, or student saw it on his phone and decided to spontaneously buy it as a gift? So although it's anon, you actually do know them?

The other thing I have accidently done, is purchased something using one-click thinking I just put it in my cart, HAHA, so I surprised myself upon delivery -- 'cause I'm mess like that.
I suppose that’s possible, but I’m still doubtful. The gift is a 1/2 gallon Igloo water/beverage cooler. It popped up as a suggested item as DH was looking for a larger lunchbox. He clicked on it and thought about buying because nostalgia, but I didn’t think he kept looking at it. I guess he could have mentioned it to coworkers. Walmart customer service gave me the phone number of the person who ordered it, and it’s a number associated with scams or stuff. I’m changing my passwords.
Locked Previous topicNext topic