If you know about medical insurance help!

Anonymous 1

Unread post

We have 1 ambulance company in our county. I just got a bill for them taking dd to the hospital and they're out of network! Is there any way to fix this since we don't have any other options? I'm so thankful for health insurance right now so I don't have to pay all of this $45,000 bill but still I don't want to pay more than I absolutely have to.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I’d call the insurance and explain you had to go out of network because there’s no ambulance service within, say 50 miles. I know some insurances will cover if there’s no nearby network providers and this is a definite hardship. Ask how to file an appeal and whoever you talk to request a reference number for the conversation. That way when you call again you can save time by providing that number and presumably prove information given to you is correct. The ambulance company may have gone through this before and may know appeal procedures. Ask them also.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:55 pm I’d call the insurance and explain you had to go out of network because there’s no ambulance service within, say 50 miles. I know some insurances will cover if there’s no nearby network providers and this is a definite hardship. Ask how to file an appeal and whoever you talk to request a reference number for the conversation. That way when you call again you can save time by providing that number and presumably prove information given to you is correct. The ambulance company may have gone through this before and may know appeal procedures. Ask them also.
Thank you. We checked our insurance and the closest in network is 1 hour south and the hospital she went to was 45 minutes north. I will call tomorrow.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Agree, start with the insurance company, keep escalating & appealing. This should eventually work...but likely will take a lot of time & effort.

If that truly meets a dead end, then you call the ambulance company and ask about a self-pay rate discount.
Locked Previous topicNext topic