SD said that the reason she worked so hard to graduate early was so she wouldn't have to go to her moms house anymore

Anonymous 1

Unread post

AZOldCoot wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:58 pm Honestly, in knowing nothing about divorce and family court, is it normal and customary for a minor child to have their own copy of the court paperwork? (OP's second paragraph states that child has her own copy).

Outside of the chores, which really isn't a hardship IMO, why is the girl scared of her BM? How is the BM's significant other mean to her?
I'm not sure if it's normal.
She starts college classes in a couple weeks.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

AZOldCoot wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:58 pm Honestly, in knowing nothing about divorce and family court, is it normal and customary for a minor child to have their own copy of the court paperwork? (OP's second paragraph states that child has her own copy).

Outside of the chores, which really isn't a hardship IMO, why is the girl scared of her BM? How is the BM's significant other mean to her?
My kids weren’t given a copy of our divorce decree and paperwork. My ex and I got one and so did my lawyer. My ex and I told the boys they’d live with me and see dad on a set schedule, etc. We abided buy it with some changes over the years. I don’t remember if visitation and child support ended at 18 or high school graduation. I believe 18. My ex died before then so it didn’t matter. I guess if my kids wanted to see the visitation paperwork I’d shown it but they never asked and I don’t have it now. Perhaps if there’s a guardian a litem then kids get their own paperwork. In our case the custody was uncontested and so not needed.
RIZZY1
Countess
Countess

Unread post

It's not typical, no. And even less typical is being able to read and interpret it. That said, if I had wanted a copy of it, I could have rifled through my parents things and found it. I always knew where they kept important paperwork.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Mine was 18 or graduation but that was for child support with the end date being the latter of the 2. It had nothing to do with visitation or where she lived. And even if the kid did have "issues" with mom, having a copy of he decree is still odd.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Oh, a post about a BM being a huge bitch and the kid preferring daddy and SM over her.
Refreshing….
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Locked Previous topicNext topic