These things are not allowed in our school lunch boxes this year due to allergies

Anonymous 1

Unread post

This will put Traci's no peanut butter post to shame.

-peanut butter
-hummus
-sesame seeds
-strawberries
-any fish including tuna sandwiches
-tree nuts including almonds and walnuts
-white cows milk
-hard boiled eggs

I mean seriously. I don't know how they will police every lunch box for this stuff but whatever. I get the popular peanut allergy ban but this is out of line. Your thoughts on this? School is K-8 if it matters.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

those are the rules... Follow them or go somewhere else.
They are in place for a reason. I would just find something else to give my kids.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

My son's school had a table where kids with allergies could sit. No one ever had a reaction despite the ladies on CM claiming their kid will go into anaphylactic shock if they are on the same planet as a peanut.
Catdaughter20
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Sounds dumb.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

My kid has severe food allergies she never had any problems at school. She did have a problem at a bday party someone brought pretzels stuffed with peanut butter.

At your school is there data showing a rise in allergic food reactions? Or did someone just put together a list of banned foods?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

jas wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:50 pm those are the rules... Follow them or go somewhere else.
They are in place for a reason. I would just find something else to give my kids.
Go somewhere else?? That is not an option. This is the public school district that is for the zone where we live. Were you serious with this reply?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

carterscutie85 wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 1:13 pm My son's school had a table where kids with allergies could sit. No one ever had a reaction despite the ladies on CM claiming their kid will go into anaphylactic shock if they are on the same planet as a peanut.
Yeah this is where I am at with this. I just don't see how if my kid has 3 strawberries in his lunch the one kid allergic in the forth grade is going to die. Unless my kid comes home and says his friend in class who he likes to sit by is the one severely allergic to something I will be ignoring this list.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

It specifically says white cow milk? So there’s no milk offered with bought school lunches or just not white milk? I’d argue that one. Surprised it included strawberries but didn’t include peaches, pears, apples, raspberries, apricots, blackberries, and cherries which are in the same family.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Hummus on the list is weird.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 2:09 pm Hummus on the list is weird.
I thought the same.. isn’t hummus chickpea? I guess it’s related to peanuts.
Locked Previous topicNext topic