ExDh says I'm breaking the court order because I won't drive the kids to his place

Anonymous 1

Unread post

His car got repoed. Two weeks ago when it first happened he told me it was broken down and in the shop and he only needed me to bring the kids to him and pick them up that weekend. I agreed thinking it was temporary

Later I found out his car is repoed. I told him I am not going to be driving the kids there on his weekends and that he needs to figure it out on his own. He said that the court order says the kids need to be with him and if I do not bring them over I am breaking the court order. I told him he was full of shit.

I even checked with my lawyer to make sure there wasnt something weird I didnt know about. I am not legally responsible for their transportation and I can not get in trouble because HE does not have transportation to come and get them

The kids dont care either way. They mostly just sit and watch TV at their dads anyway so it isnt like they are missing out on much. They also hate the long drive.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Oh the lawyer again. Give it up. We're tired.
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

Just the same, there's nothing to stop him from taking you to family court.

How much was the retainer you paid for your lawyer? Has he or she been your lawyer throughout the divorce and up until now?
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:12 am Oh the lawyer again. Give it up. We're tired.
Makes two of us.
RIZZY1
Countess
Countess

Unread post

The court order often spells out who is responsible for travel/transportation. What is the specific verbiage? It's usually in favor of the custodial parent.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Every body has an attorney, right, lol.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:29 pm Every body has an attorney, right, lol.
Honestly I did have one. What I didn’t have? An unlimited budget for the guy. So we did a lot of things on our own and I sucked up stuff in the name of putting food on the table. If my ex couldn’t get to or halfway point I put the kids on the bus. Or we rearranged our visitation. But I guess everyone here can afford 300 an hour or more in lawyer fees and to be charged even for a phone call to the paralegal. Must be nice, lol.
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

People going through a divorce and child custody cases usually have a lawyer…
Anonymous 3 wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:29 pm Every body has an attorney, right, lol.
Murdoc's Mistress
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Sucks to be him. He can certainly drag you to court for it, but no judge is going to force you to drive them so he can honor his parenting time.
You were born an original, don't die a copy.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

And still have them on retainer years later? No. I don't even remember the name of the attorney I used back then for divorce.

BobCobbMagob wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:00 pm People going through a divorce and child custody cases usually have a lawyer…
Locked Previous topicNext topic