DD isn't allowed to go on her fun trip with a friend anymore

LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

This is such a recycled topic but here goes.

1. I believe in honoring our words. My child would go, I am a good enough parent that the one week honoring what we said we would do isn’t going to turn my child into a criminal.

2. I do not believe in extended grounding, it breeds resentment and will actually work against a parent. If you need two months of grounding as a consequence your parenting might need to be re-evaluated.
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:26 am
AZOldCoot wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:55 am Someone else apparently had the same problem...daughter grounded, missing a planned trip, and other Mom upset...and posted about it here only a month or two ago.

What a coincidence.

When is this planned trip and when does school start?
I just searched and there are no posts at all that mention being grounded in the last two months besides this one.
Then I must be wrong or have just made it up for shits and giggles. I do that often. All the time, in fact. Senior brain fog...and all that jazz. 🤫🧐
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Why can’t her daughter invite another friend?
Anonymous 5

Unread post

OMFG you already did this one! Your memory sucks.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

All I got is: what happened to parents supporting each other? Even if I disagreed with the punishment unless it’s outright abuse I’d tell my dd it’s the mom’s decision and there’s nothing I can do. Someone’s friends have to cancel. Life goes on.

Edit: interesting that there’s a son being grounded too on another post. Almost exact writing too…
Anonymous 5

Unread post

From October:

Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:55 am

The birthday trip is on Friday through Saturday DS is 17 and he is grounded for 3 more weeks. He snuck out in the middle of the night and took my car without permission and it broke down on the side of the road. He didn't even tell me I found out when I got a call from the police because he was out past curfew and they weren't sure if the car was stolen because it wasn't registered to him.

Needless to say I was extremely mad and he is grounded. He also lost some other privileges.

Well the birthday party is coming up. I guess DS assumed that he would be allowed to go. They have been best friends since pre school and he has never missed one.

It's not happening. When I ground one of my kids it is from everything beside school. The best friends mom is pissed off because she spent a lot of money for DS to go. I told her that he would pay her back but she still thinks he should be able to go and that I am ruining her son's birthday. I told her that the only one who ruined anything is my son when he made such poor decisions. She doesn't have to agree with my parenting decisions her opinion does not matter to me. If she wants to be angry she can be angry at my son. What he did was a huge deal and he doesn't deserve to be going on a trip while he is grounded.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:08 am
Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:47 am Every day your life is one problem or another.
And you know exactly who this member is how?
It has been explained numerous times how to know. You ignore it and keep asking.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:18 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:08 am
Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:47 am Every day your life is one problem or another.
And you know exactly who this member is how?
It has been explained numerous times how to know. You ignore it and keep asking.
It's really not y'all just assume you know who it is. More than half the time y'all are wrong.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:59 am All I got is: what happened to parents supporting each other? Even if I disagreed with the punishment unless it’s outright abuse I’d tell my dd it’s the mom’s decision and there’s nothing I can do. Someone’s friends have to cancel. Life goes on.

Edit: interesting that there’s a son being grounded too on another post. Almost exact writing too…
That was bumped from oct 2021 to "prove" the recycling. Like people don't have similar experiences. But everyone wants to call out trolls and anon and "recycled" posts for some reason
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:03 pm
Pjmm wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:59 am All I got is: what happened to parents supporting each other? Even if I disagreed with the punishment unless it’s outright abuse I’d tell my dd it’s the mom’s decision and there’s nothing I can do. Someone’s friends have to cancel. Life goes on.

That was bumped from oct 2021 to "prove" the recycling. Like people don't have similar experiences. But everyone wants to call out trolls and anon and "recycled" posts for some reason
I never check dates but the writing seemed familiar. Doesn’t mean anything. Anyway ds has a friend who’s gotten grounded for not doing schoolwork. Ds was disappointed his friend couldn’t come over but accepted it. It’s mom’s decision. I don’t ground my kids because they’re homebodies anyhow. But if others do whatever.
Locked Previous topicNext topic