Is this what it's like to feel...normal?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I haven't been sleeping much lately or well at all. Despite that, I'm not exhausted. Usually if I don't sleep well I absolutely need a nap. Even though I could take one, I don't feel like I absolutely need one to get through the day.

I'm also way more motivated then I've ever been and have been getting a lot of projects around the house done. Things I was too tired to do before or didn't have the motivation.

Nothing has changed.

Is this...dare I say..normal? Or am I dying and my body is going out with a bang? Lol.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Idk because I don’t understand. You’re not sleeping well but you’re wired? Maybe you’re like toddlers who don’t realize how tired they are until they fall asleep wherever?
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I could be way off, lol as I have 1% of the story — but I immediately want to rule out bipolar mood disorder. In a hypomania phase, many patients sleep very little and are very productive. In fact most patients love it, until well, that phase ends and the depression settles in.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

How much do you sleep? It's great and healthy to feel rested and motivated, but sleep is important and if you are still feeling fully wired when you aren't sleeping, I would want to rule out anything normally being wrong. I have a friend who lives with depression. She always felt as long as she kept up with her basic responsibilities, it was okay, all adults feel exhausted and unmotivated. Then she had an allergic reaction to something and had to go on two weeks of high dose steroids. One of the side effects of the steroids is it messed with her hormonal cycle and she felt great, only slept 4 hours a night and was fully alert all day, actually wanted to clean, meal plan, take care of projects, etc. It made her realize that she didn't have to go through the struggle just to do basic tasks and she got help. If you have suddenly felt this way on your own, I would want to get checked out to make sure everything is okay.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:18 pm How much do you sleep? It's great and healthy to feel rested and motivated, but sleep is important and if you are still feeling fully wired when you aren't sleeping, I would want to rule out anything normally being wrong. I have a friend who lives with depression. She always felt as long as she kept up with her basic responsibilities, it was okay, all adults feel exhausted and unmotivated. Then she had an allergic reaction to something and had to go on two weeks of high dose steroids. One of the side effects of the steroids is it messed with her hormonal cycle and she felt great, only slept 4 hours a night and was fully alert all day, actually wanted to clean, meal plan, take care of projects, etc. It made her realize that she didn't have to go through the struggle just to do basic tasks and she got help. If you have suddenly felt this way on your own, I would want to get checked out to make sure everything is okay.
I finished steroid ear drops almost a week ago. I didn't know steroids could have that affect. But idk if I'd be getting side affects a week later? I've only felt like this for a couple days.
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

Sweetheart, you need your sleep or at the minimum, letting your body rest in a relaxed state. You don't want to crash and burn, so to speak.

Are you on any type of new meds that could be causing this? A new supplement maybe?
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:23 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:18 pm How much do you sleep? It's great and healthy to feel rested and motivated, but sleep is important and if you are still feeling fully wired when you aren't sleeping, I would want to rule out anything normally being wrong. I have a friend who lives with depression. She always felt as long as she kept up with her basic responsibilities, it was okay, all adults feel exhausted and unmotivated. Then she had an allergic reaction to something and had to go on two weeks of high dose steroids. One of the side effects of the steroids is it messed with her hormonal cycle and she felt great, only slept 4 hours a night and was fully alert all day, actually wanted to clean, meal plan, take care of projects, etc. It made her realize that she didn't have to go through the struggle just to do basic tasks and she got help. If you have suddenly felt this way on your own, I would want to get checked out to make sure everything is okay.
I finished steroid ear drops almost a week ago. I didn't know steroids could have that affect. But idk if I'd be getting side affects a week later? I've only felt like this for a couple days.
Steroids can take a long time to fully leave your system. I would speak to your doctor.
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I get wired like that when I’m exhausted too. I am not sure it’s “normal” in the sense you are referring to it as.
RIZZY1
Countess
Countess

Unread post

It's normal to feel tired when you are sleep deprived, especially in adults. I would describe this as objectively abnormal.
Aletheia
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:03 pm I'm also way more motivated then I've ever been and have been getting a lot of projects around the house done. Things I was too tired to do before or didn't have the motivation.
Sounds like happiness - like coming out from a long period of depression.
Locked Previous topicNext topic