my puppy fell in a well

Anonymous 1

Unread post

we just moved in this house. We got a Fence on one side of the house. We thought we had all the spot that go under the house blocked. somehow my puppy found a way. We thought she got out. We spent hours driving around looking for her.. tonight we were outside and we heard her, under the house. my son and my son in law crawled under there to get her and she was in a 10 ft deep well. We started asking neighbors who to call, the mayor and a volunteer for a pet rescue helped us get her out. the well was under my house. I am so thankful to all the people who came to my house at 10 pm to help us get her.
SallyMae
Regent
Regent

Unread post

So nice to hear a story with a happy ending! Glad you and your puppy were reunited.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

SallyMae wrote: So nice to hear a story with a happy ending! Glad you and your puppy were reunited.
thankfully she isn't injured in any way.
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Awe, poor puppy, glad she’s okay!
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Glad to hear there was a happy ending to the story. Did the well get covered so it doesn’t happen again?
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Poor puppy.
Why is there an open well under your house? That's so strange to me.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:52 am Poor puppy.
Its most likely a cistern, since its only ten feet. Many rural houses had wells or cisterns dug under the house if the house didn't have a basement. As for why it was open, it could have been left open last time someone serviced it or if it was old enough the cover could have rotted away. My husband fell into a cistern behind his parents house when he was a kid, it was old and covered by overbrush, the cover was wooden and had rotted so when he ran over it the cover broke. And then they called us overprotective for not letting our young kids play back there :?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Inmybizz wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:59 am Glad to hear there was a happy ending to the story. Did the well get covered so it doesn’t happen again?
I don't know how we could get anything under there to cover it up but I am putting board up to block the entrances.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:52 am Poor puppy.
I have no clue it was so strange.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:06 pm
Inmybizz wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:59 am Glad to hear there was a happy ending to the story. Did the well get covered so it doesn’t happen again?
I don't know how we could get anything under there to cover it up but I am putting board up to block the entrances.
Cool.
Locked Previous topicNext topic