my puppy fell in a well

Anonymous 2

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:03 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:52 am Poor puppy.
Why is there an open well under your house? That's so strange to me.
Its most likely a cistern, since its only ten feet. Many rural houses had wells or cisterns dug under the house if the house didn't have a basement. As for why it was open, it could have been left open last time someone serviced it or if it was old enough the cover could have rotted away. My husband fell into a cistern behind his parents house when he was a kid, it was old and covered by overbrush, the cover was wooden and had rotted so when he ran over it the cover broke. And then they called us overprotective for not letting our young kids play back there :?
I have a cistern in my backyard. They were used to collect water so it's strange to me that one would be under a house.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:29 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:03 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:52 am Poor puppy.
Why is there an open well under your house? That's so strange to me.
Its most likely a cistern, since its only ten feet. Many rural houses had wells or cisterns dug under the house if the house didn't have a basement. As for why it was open, it could have been left open last time someone serviced it or if it was old enough the cover could have rotted away. My husband fell into a cistern behind his parents house when he was a kid, it was old and covered by overbrush, the cover was wooden and had rotted so when he ran over it the cover broke. And then they called us overprotective for not letting our young kids play back there :?
I have a cistern in my backyard. They were used to collect water so it's strange to me that one would be under a house.
Sometimes they were put in yards, often they were put in basements or under houses.
Locked Previous topicNext topic