Are you still "doing" covid?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I mean just hope for the best lol. It really is unavoidable as there are just a million people all crammed together inside during the shows/rides. I am hearing there are low crowds right now so lines should be good for you! We go every summer and this was our best vacation there yet. It just was. We didn't use the genie LL as we had the DAS pass. I'm glad your Hollywood day is going great! Stay well!
Heyteacher wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:36 am Ugh, oh no! Our trip is 11 days too. We are doing Hollywood today. Have built a droid, rode Rise and have a lightning for Slinky. Inservice for me starts on Monday so O hope we don’t get sick!

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:23 am
Msprekteacher wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:02 pm We never “did Covid” as far as family goes. When I had it hubby shared my bed. When he had it, same. When the oldest had it we lived at home as normal. At school we wore masks all year. We don’t wear them out and about now. We are currently at Disney World and Id say less than 1% of people are wearing masks.
I hope you're having a good time! We just got back 2 weeks ago and I DID come home with covid from there. We did 4 days first at Universal then 7 at disney. So 11 day trip. Day 8 I woke up with razor blades as a sore throat, tired etc. I felt ok enough to still press on with our Disney days but I was not 100%. Got home and tested are it was positive ugh. It took a few more days for me to feel better but I wasn't dying or anything. Just annoying. Weird because only my DD15 and I didn't feel well but my DH and DS13 felt great and we all shared the hotel room and car ride home for 10 hours. Anyway I hope you and your family stay well and enjoy!
Heyteacher
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

This is our annual trip as well. Last year was horrible-no shows, masks, socially distanced lines. We have genie+ so we have been breezing through everything. More excited for our Prime Time Cafe dinner reservations. Tomorrow is Typhoon Lagoon—

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:46 am I mean just hope for the best lol. It really is unavoidable as there are just a million people all crammed together inside during the shows/rides. I am hearing there are low crowds right now so lines should be good for you! We go every summer and this was our best vacation there yet. It just was. We didn't use the genie LL as we had the DAS pass. I'm glad your Hollywood day is going great! Stay well!
Heyteacher wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:36 am Ugh, oh no! Our trip is 11 days too. We are doing Hollywood today. Have built a droid, rode Rise and have a lightning for Slinky. Inservice for me starts on Monday so O hope we don’t get sick!

I hope you're having a good time! We just got back 2 weeks ago and I DID come home with covid from there. We did 4 days first at Universal then 7 at disney. So 11 day trip. Day 8 I woke up with razor blades as a sore throat, tired etc. I felt ok enough to still press on with our Disney days but I was not 100%. Got home and tested are it was positive ugh. It took a few more days for me to feel better but I wasn't dying or anything. Just annoying. Weird because only my DD15 and I didn't feel well but my DH and DS13 felt great and we all shared the hotel room and car ride home for 10 hours. Anyway I hope you and your family stay well and enjoy!
Anonymous 1

Unread post

We love typhoon! We went twice this trip. We went to the H20 glow nights and it was a blast. Then another random day in the morning and afternoon. Their wave pool is the best!
Heyteacher wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:49 pm This is our annual trip as well. Last year was horrible-no shows, masks, socially distanced lines. We have genie+ so we have been breezing through everything. More excited for our Prime Time Cafe dinner reservations. Tomorrow is Typhoon Lagoon—

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:46 am I mean just hope for the best lol. It really is unavoidable as there are just a million people all crammed together inside during the shows/rides. I am hearing there are low crowds right now so lines should be good for you! We go every summer and this was our best vacation there yet. It just was. We didn't use the genie LL as we had the DAS pass. I'm glad your Hollywood day is going great! Stay well!

Anonymous 7

Unread post

Msprekteacher wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:02 pm We never “did Covid” as far as family goes. When I had it hubby shared my bed. When he had it, same. When the oldest had it we lived at home as normal. At school we wore masks all year. We don’t wear them out and about now. We are currently at Disney World and Id say less than 1% of people are wearing masks.
So you had symptoms and continued to walk around without a mask on for four days at a tourist destination. Shaking my head.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 7 wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:08 pm
So you had symptoms and continued to walk around without a mask on for four days at a tourist destination. Shaking my head.
Yes. I did not know it was covid. Could have been a regular cold or any crud. On the way home when we stopped for lunch I could taste absolutely nothing. Then is when I decided I needed a test. Who knows how long I had it before that since that symptom didn't show up until 4 days later. Whatever I guess. We have to learn to live with this right? That's what everyone says.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:21 pm
Anonymous 7 wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:08 pm

Yes. I did not know it was covid. Could have been a regular cold or any crud. On the way home when we stopped for lunch I could taste absolutely nothing. Then is when I decided I needed a test. Who knows how long I had it before that since that symptom didn't show up until 4 days later. Whatever I guess. We have to learn to live with this right? That's what everyone says.
It’s been two years, you’re an adult, you know the symptoms by now. A responsible adult would have tested when you first got the sore throat. Or at least bothered to put a mask on because no one wants your cold either. But nope, can’t have giving a shit about others get in the way of your vacay. Vaccines are helping, but there are still many people dying from it and walking around a place like Disney with no mask and among tons of little kids who might not be vaccinated yet is entirely irresponsible. I honestly am just shaking my head by the lack of care about other people.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

If you do you can thank OP for it.

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Not from me I've been home for 2 weeks already. It will be from someone else. And like I told Heyteacher it really is unavoidable at this point. If you go to a crowed place with tons of people shoved in little rooms...well. I am not an idiot and was well aware that we may come home with covid. I was willing to take the risk. You have to be if you want that type of vacation. You're acting like this is March of 2020. It's not. Life goes on.
Anonymous 7 wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:31 pm If you do you can thank OP for it.

Heyteacher
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

100% agree. As I said maybe 1% are wearing masks and the Mount of infants here is staggering—but guess what, not one of them has a mask. It’s an informed risk at this point. We are building immunity to a disease that isn’t going anywhere!

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:36 pm Not from me I've been home for 2 weeks already. It will be from someone else. And like I told Heyteacher it really is unavoidable at this point. If you go to a crowed place with tons of people shoved in little rooms...well. I am not an idiot and was well aware that we may come home with covid. I was willing to take the risk. You have to be if you want that type of vacation. You're acting like this is March of 2020. It's not. Life goes on.
Anonymous 7 wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:31 pm If you do you can thank OP for it.

PoplarGrove
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Yes, my family is. When I'm out of my office at work I wear a mask. When we go to stores I wear a mask. When the kids go to school they wear masks (as well as about 50% of the school from what I've been told).

If my child contracted COVID the doctors believe that they'd require hospitalization due to a different underlying medical condition and I'd like to avoid that. Unfortunately, the government tells me I need to go to work so we do what we can to keep them safe.

And your story of walking around sick just proves that I still have to "do covid".
Locked Previous topicNext topic