Are you still "doing" covid?

cgd5112
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

We are not. Our school district is mask optional/encouraged. All hospitals and medical/dental practices require a mask. We are all vaccinated and boosted. Like Monarch, we don't go to the movie theatre, large indoor venues , etc. We sit outside when dining out ( we choose places that provide that option). I still carry a hand sanitizer in my purse. If DH is exposed, we test but no longer quarantine. We wear masked wherever they're required.

If I need work done In our home, I do have masks for contracted people to wear. They do look at me a bit annoyed, but I don't care. I had a plumber come over r and I didn't give him a mask to wear. I stepped out of the kitchen for a bit a nd I heard him coughing up a storm. I went back in there and gave him a mask. He was annoyed and begrudgingly put it on. Will it 100% stop Covid? No. Will it mitigate it? Yes, as well as colds, flu, and whatever else aerosolizes when you cough. I was so grossed out I wiped down the whole kitchen after he left. Even before covid, we wiped down the area after a contracted person came in - especially if they coughed all over the place.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

cgd5112 wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:37 am We are not. Our school district is mask optional/encouraged. All hospitals and medical/dental practices require a mask. We are all vaccinated and boosted. Like Monarch, we don't go to the movie theatre, large indoor venues , etc. We sit outside when dining out ( we choose places that provide that option). I still carry a hand sanitizer in my purse. If DH is exposed, we test but no longer quarantine. We wear masked wherever they're required.

If I need work done In our home, I do have masks for contracted people to wear. They do look at me a bit annoyed, but I don't care. I had a plumber come over r and I didn't give him a mask to wear. I stepped out of the kitchen for a bit a nd I heard him coughing up a storm. I went back in there and gave him a mask. He was annoyed and begrudgingly put it on. Will it 100% stop Covid? No. Will it mitigate it? Yes, as well as colds, flu, and whatever else aerosolizes when you cough. I was so grossed out I wiped down the whole kitchen after he left. Even before covid, we wiped down the area after a contracted person came in - especially if they coughed all over the place.
Sure sounds like you are doing covid to me.
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

My husband especially is high risk health-wise, and I have my own health problems so while we're both fully vaccinated and now boosted, there are places we'll still wear a mask in.

It's not "doing Covid." It's helping us manage our health.
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Nope
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Where applicable. So large crowds, indoors where I'll be close to strangers, Dr and dentist offices. etc.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Now that everyone in my family is vaccinated, we're able to do some things that we weren't. The kids are back in school, we do some social events and extra curricular, trips, etc. But, we don't pretend that it doesn't exist anymore. My coworkers father just died of it last month. The kids wear masks at school and we wear them in indoor crowded public places. We do curbside pickup for a lot of our groceries. When we go out to eat we choose places with outdoor dining areas. When my husband and I go out with friends, we mainly choose outdoor activities. Tonight we're going to a rooftop bar crawl, all open air at venues that allow our group to spread out and keep a distance from other groups. If we are sick, even if it just seems like a cold, we don't go out. My husband and I both choose to work from home.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I don't wear a mask unless it's required but only medical offices require it here. Both mine are going to in person school this year since they are both old enough to be vaccinated now.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

No, we haven't done anything for Covid for some time. If a place requires masks then we will wear masks but at this point I think that's only some healthcare locations. I'm pretty sure when DH went to the clinic the other day for a blood draw he didn't have to wear a mask.

We're all double-vaccinated (no boosters) and we've all had Covid before. Right now it's like any other flu - if we get it we get it. We aren't otherwise adjusting our lives and activities.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Seems the worst place to be is on a cruise ship. My friend went on 2 cruises this summer and contracted COVID both times. Everyone in her family got COVID as well.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

The hospital is the only place where you are asked to a wear masks. Kids haven't worn them to a school in a year. Life is going on like it was before.
Locked Previous topicNext topic