Are you still "doing" covid?

Anonymous 8

Unread post

Heyteacher wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:56 pm 100% agree. As I said maybe 1% are wearing masks and the Mount of infants here is staggering—but guess what, not one of them has a mask. It’s an informed risk at this point. We are building immunity to a disease that isn’t going anywhere!

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:36 pm Not from me I've been home for 2 weeks already. It will be from someone else. And like I told Heyteacher it really is unavoidable at this point. If you go to a crowed place with tons of people shoved in little rooms...well. I am not an idiot and was well aware that we may come home with covid. I was willing to take the risk. You have to be if you want that type of vacation. You're acting like this is March of 2020. It's not. Life goes on.
Anonymous 7 wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:31 pm If you do you can thank OP for it.
I'm not sure about the building immunity. I'm been really careful but I work with the public and my job requires me to go to a ton of events. I've been double vaxed, double boosted, and I am currently on my third round of Covid. This one was the worst but thankfully a dose of Paxlovid helped.
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:23 am
Msprekteacher wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:02 pm We never “did Covid” as far as family goes. When I had it hubby shared my bed. When he had it, same. When the oldest had it we lived at home as normal. At school we wore masks all year. We don’t wear them out and about now. We are currently at Disney World and Id say less than 1% of people are wearing masks.
I hope you're having a good time! We just got back 2 weeks ago and I DID come home with covid from there. We did 4 days first at Universal then 7 at disney. So 11 day trip. Day 8 I woke up with razor blades as a sore throat, tired etc. I felt ok enough to still press on with our Disney days but I was not 100%. Got home and tested are it was positive ugh. It took a few more days for me to feel better but I wasn't dying or anything. Just annoying. Weird because only my DD15 and I didn't feel well but my DH and DS13 felt great and we all shared the hotel room and car ride home for 10 hours. Anyway I hope you and your family stay well and enjoy!
Ha! We got home from Disneyworld about a month ago and got it there too!
I didn't get sick until the night we got home though, so lucked out there
Anonymous 1

Unread post

BobCobbMagob wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:51 pm
Msprekteacher wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:02 pm We never “did Covid” as far as family goes. When I had it hubby shared my bed. When he had it, same. When the oldest had it we lived at home as normal. At school we wore masks all year. We don’t wear them out and about now. We are currently at Disney World and Id say less than 1% of people are wearing masks.
I hope you're having a good time! We just got back 2 weeks ago and I DID come home with covid from there. We did 4 days first at Universal then 7 at disney. So 11 day trip. Day 8 I woke up with razor blades as a sore throat, tired etc. I felt ok enough to still press on with our Disney days but I was not 100%. Got home and tested are it was positive ugh. It took a few more days for me to feel better but I wasn't dying or anything. Just annoying. Weird because only my DD15 and I didn't feel well but my DH and DS13 felt great and we all shared the hotel room and car ride home for 10 hours. Anyway I hope you and your family stay well and enjoy!
Yep there are TONS of post from the Disney FB groups of people coming back with it. The cruise lines too. Nothing you can really do at this point except stay home if you don't want it.
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:53 pm

Yep there are TONS of post from the Disney FB groups of people coming back with it. The cruise lines too. Nothing you can really do at this point except stay home if you don't want it.
Yeah, I was sick for about four days but I wouldn't say it was much worse than a cold. Bit of a fever and a sore throat w/ a runny nose.
Mamaof5
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

no, we are all fully vaccinated at this point. The only thing we still would do is If one of us suspected or confirmed covid, we’d follow masking and quarantine guidance but that’s it.
Heyteacher
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

But we are building immunity. Now that doesn’t mean we won’t get it again and again it simply means it won’t kills everyone e it touches.

Covid is here to stay, it’s not suddenly going to stop because science has made a vaccine-I’m looking at you Influenza. It however will get to a mutated point where you get it-ya feel like crap and in a few days it’s left. Will some people continue to not clear it-yes. Again look at the flu…look at pneumonia…but the populist as a whole can’t stop living life just because George who went to Disney is compromised or can’t be vaccinated…those are calculated risk assessments you have to make for yourself.
Anonymous 8 wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:09 pm
Heyteacher wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:56 pm 100% agree. As I said maybe 1% are wearing masks and the Mount of infants here is staggering—but guess what, not one of them has a mask. It’s an informed risk at this point. We are building immunity to a disease that isn’t going anywhere!

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:36 pm Not from me I've been home for 2 weeks already. It will be from someone else. And like I told Heyteacher it really is unavoidable at this point. If you go to a crowed place with tons of people shoved in little rooms...well. I am not an idiot and was well aware that we may come home with covid. I was willing to take the risk. You have to be if you want that type of vacation. You're acting like this is March of 2020. It's not. Life goes on.

I'm not sure about the building immunity. I'm been really careful but I work with the public and my job requires me to go to a ton of events. I've been double vaxed, double boosted, and I am currently on my third round of Covid. This one was the worst but thankfully a dose of Paxlovid helped.
Heyteacher
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

That was my husbands experience with his 3rd Roy d of Covid. One day of being totally exhausted the. Just “a cold”

The rest of the family did t get it and we didn’t segregate at all.

BobCobbMagob wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:01 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:53 pm

Yeah, I was sick for about four days but I wouldn't say it was much worse than a cold. Bit of a fever and a sore throat w/ a runny nose.
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I know the hospital and medical buildings here still require masks. Public transit too. Everywhere is pretty much mask free. I still see people wearing them if they so choose.

My nephew, his wife, and their little had to postpone their trip here. Due to getting covid.

Next month I will get my first covid test before my first colonoscopy. Plus have to wear a mask to enter their building.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Its a little off topic but I had to take ds to urgent care yesterday for a sports physical. So we pull up to urgent care and the first thing I noticed is that the handicapped parking is way on the other end of the building (it's in a strip mall) in front of the martial arts place. Great so I get dd out and help her hop up the curb (she's using a walker on 1 foot) and we fo inside. They require masks so we grabbed some and put them on but then they told us we would have to return to our car to fill out the paperwork. Umm that means dd having to go up and down that curb again! There's zero chairs in the waiting room because of covid and they won't put one outside for her. She ended up standing on one foot outside the door while we stood there and filled out papers. And the real kicker was that the receptionists mask was hanging from one year not even on her face. So we can't even be inside and wait but you don't have to wear a mask? Thanks!
RIZZY1
Countess
Countess

Unread post

We wear a mask anywhere that requests it. We still carry them in our cars, along with hand sanitizer. If someone at work is sick with covid, we do try to keep a distance. My kids are back in school tomorrow and my husband works as an interpreter in schools occasionally. We are thrice vaccinated so if we get it, we get it.
Locked Previous topicNext topic