Driving question (USA)

mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

If a car is stopped at a stop sign by where someone is mowing and the lawnmower kicks up something and hit their car, should the car move out of the road and deal with the damage or should they stay on the road and block the flow of traffic? I’m aware that different states have different laws, but I was under the impression that cars that can move out of the way should. Is it different in the state you live in?

I just had a lady get out of her car and hit my car with her fist because after I sat behind her about 5 minutes (no exaggeration), I finally went around her car. She had cars lined because she wouldn’t move.

Before anyone asks, my car has no damage, I didn’t get her license number, and the cops weren’t called. It is a small road with two lanes. It was also in front of my son’s school and would have almost been impossible to get back around and get any information.

I’ve never had this happen to me before. Was I wrong?

Edit: I’m in Tennessee.
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

I don’t know, but that’s a psychotic woman…
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

BobCobbMagob wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:51 am I don’t know, but that’s a psychotic woman…
She scared me. I’ve calmed down some but I was shaking. Crazy ass lady.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

In GA, they are to move out of the roadway. She sounds unhinged.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

In Ohio you move out of the way.
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I don’t think you were wrong. I would have went around her as well.

I was also under the impression that if you’ve had an accident but if you could still move your car, you should move it to the shoulder out of traffic if possible. I would have went around her as well.
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

mater-three wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:52 am
BobCobbMagob wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:51 am I don’t know, but that’s a psychotic woman…
Shaking’s a good thing!
Your adrenaline is going so hard so you can fight with that ferocity!

Like a Ferrari getting reved up, but staying still, it’ll start shaking, but once it gets going, watch out!
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

BobCobbMagob wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:31 am
mater-three wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:52 am
Shaking’s a good thing!
Your adrenaline is going so hard so you can fight with that ferocity!

Like a Ferrari getting reved up, but staying still, it’ll start shaking, but once it gets going, watch out!
Good analogy. It fits perfectly. Thank you. 😌
mrsjules79
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

The rule here in TX is "If you can steer it, clear it".
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

mater-three wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:47 am If a car is stopped at a stop sign by where someone is mowing and the lawnmower kicks up something and hit their car, should the car move out of the road and deal with the damage or should they stay on the road and block the flow of traffic? I’m aware that different states have different laws, but I was under the impression that cars that can move out of the way should. Is it different in the state you live in?

I just had a lady get out of her car and hit my car with her fist because after I sat behind her about 5 minutes (no exaggeration), I finally went around her car. She had cars lined because she is wouldn’t move.

Before anyone asks, my car has no damage, I didn’t get her license number, and the cops weren’t called. It is a small road with two lanes. It was also in front of my son’s school and would have almost been impossible to get back around and get any information.

I’ve never had this happen to me before. Was I wrong?

Edit: I’m in Tennessee.
The car at the stop sign should have pulled off to the right and onto the shoulder/dirt.
All cars that are able even should move to the side of the road as close to the accident site as possible to not impede traffic.
Locked Previous topicNext topic