Driving question (USA)

Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

In Florida you are to move the vehicles. She was impeding traffic and as everyone else says, sounds a bit short of a happy meal. Was she driving a Rolls or something? I can’t see getting that bent because a rock hit my car. But my cars old and scratched.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

You are supposed to move your car to the side of the road.
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:59 am In Florida you are to move the vehicles. She was impeding traffic and as everyone else says, sounds a bit short of a happy meal. Was she driving a Rolls or something? I can’t see getting that bent because a rock hit my car. But my cars old and scratched.
No, a newer black SUV of some sort. The part that hit her car was a big black thing. I’m not sure if he hit something or if it came off his mower. It hit her passenger door hard so I’m sure there was significant damage. It was a house. She could have taken a right and pulled into the lawnmower guy’s driveway.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I don't really know the letter of the law, but it's always been my understanding that if it's minor damage and you can move out of the flow of traffic, you move and take care of things after moving. I don't know of any traffic agency (police, sheriffs, highway patrol) that is for blocking traffic when it's not necessary. Obviously if the vehicle is so damaged that it can't be moved, or the driver is injured to where they can't move it, or especially if there is a fatality, then you don't move vehicles (in the case of a fatality you want to preserve the scene for investigation). But I highly doubt any of that is the case with a rock hitting a car.

As for the woman who punched your car because she thought you were doing something wrong, that's like psychotic bitch behavior right there. I wouldn't want to get into it with her if I didn't have to.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:59 am In Florida you are to move the vehicles. She was impeding traffic and as everyone else says, sounds a bit short of a happy meal. Was she driving a Rolls or something? I can’t see getting that bent because a rock hit my car. But my cars old and scratched.
This is where I'm at too. We have an almost 10 year old minivan that as long as it still functioned (ie. door opens and closes) I probably wouldn't even fix it. As it is the minivan has a big scratch from when I took out our garbage can pulling into the driveway. But on that old thing I'm not going to worry about fixing it.

Our new car I would fix it, but I probably wouldn't even talk to the lawn mowing people. I would just go home and call my own insurance and have them take care of it. I think that would fall under the description of "road hazard". Mine has actually taken care of "road hazard" for me before when a piece of plywood flew up on the freeway and hit the hood of my car. My rates didn't increase for that because it wasn't my fault. That's what insurance is for.
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:42 am I don't really know the letter of the law, but it's always been my understanding that if it's minor damage and you can move out of the flow of traffic, you move and take care of things after moving. I don't know of any traffic agency (police, sheriffs, highway patrol) that is for blocking traffic when it's not necessary. Obviously if the vehicle is so damaged that it can't be moved, or the driver is injured to where they can't move it, or especially if there is a fatality, then you don't move vehicles (in the case of a fatality you want to preserve the scene for investigation). But I highly doubt any of that is the case with a rock hitting a car.

As for the woman who punched your car because she thought you were doing something wrong, that's like psychotic bitch behavior right there. I wouldn't want to get into it with her if I didn't have to.
I definitely did not get into it. I just drove away. She scared the crap out of me. It wasn’t a rock. It was some big black thing. I’m not sure if the lawnmower kicked it up (didn’t clarify in the OP sorry) or if it was a piece of the lawnmower itself. I heard it hit and my windows were up so I’m sure it dented her door good. It was a newer SUV.
Locked Previous topicNext topic