Sleep divorce

Shaken1976
Regent
Regent

Unread post

So my hubby snores crazy loud. He did a sleep study and said he doesn’t have apnea but idk. Sometimes he gasps in his sleep, has crazy sleep starts that wake me up, and snores so loud I can hear him through ear plugs and a headband with headphones playing music. This is also with a noise machine on the headboard between us.

I started sleeping in another room and it has made a world Of difference. I am actually getting sleep and so is he. Someone told me we are sleep divorced. I’m honestly okay with that because it means our marriage can remain intact. Lol. The no sleep was killing us both.
https://www.vettix.org/ref/230481

If you or your spouse is a Vet, check out this link. They offer really cheap tickets to local events and concerts. I have done a lot of cool stuff through them.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I've heard a lot of people say that actually saved their marriages.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I would never not sleep next to my husband. I'd get better ear plugs or get him a CPAP.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I can’t believe he doesn’t have sleep apnea. My husband did the sleep study (he snored like crazy). He was able to get the cpap and it was a game changer. His blood pressure improved, his mood was better, he’s able to stay awake during the day.. it really improved his overall health.

Is your husband overweight? If so losing weight might help. I would also continue to try to get a cpap.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:45 am I would never not sleep next to my husband. I'd get better ear plugs or get him a CPAP.
If he doesn't have apnea then a CPAP will do nothing but give him pneumonia
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:06 am
Anonymous 2 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:45 am I would never not sleep next to my husband. I'd get better ear plugs or get him a CPAP.
That is not true at all.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Inmybizz wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:51 am I can’t believe he doesn’t have sleep apnea. My husband did the sleep study (he snored like crazy). He was able to get the cpap and it was a game changer. His blood pressure improved, his mood was better, he’s able to stay awake during the day.. it really improved his overall health.

Is your husband overweight? If so losing weight might help. I would also continue to try to get a cpap.
Which machine does your husband use? My husband hates his and refuses to use it. I've been in the couch a lot lately
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:07 am
That is not true at all.
Yes it is.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:08 am

That is not true at all.
Yes it is.
Back that up with peer reviewed science
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:09 am
Anonymous 3 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:08 am
That is not true at all.
Yes it is.
Back that up with peer reviewed science
I’m not her but I was interested in the answer. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3971026/

There’s an increased risk of pneumonia with sleep apnea. A CPAP may add to that. It appears it has to do with moisture and bacteria in the tubing. Cleaning the machine, using distilled water, and emptying it after each use reduces the risk. As for me I had a bf once that used a CPAP. He used to wake me up because his mask sucked and he often had to fix it. But I do know married couples that have separate bedrooms. Whatever you do is fine with me.
Locked Previous topicNext topic