Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:20 am
Anonymous 3 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:07 am
Anonymous 2 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:09 am
Back that up with peer reviewed science
PJMM did it for me. There is a risk of pneumonia for anyone who uses a CPAP so why would anyone without a medical need spend hundreds of dollars on the machine and then not even be able to use it? It has to be calibrated by a dr. And then add in the risk factors. It's not worth it.
I used to calibrate those machines when I worked for a company that sold them. The doctor would send us the prescription for the calibration. This was the early 2000s. I don’t remember hearing about the pneumonia risk back then. But I’ve seen people with sleep apnea. If you have it I think the risk is worth it. There’s an increased risk of pneumonia anyway. If you don’t have apnea the machine makes no sense. I think anon is saying she’d take her husband for a sleep study before she moved bedrooms. With the couple I know with separate bedrooms I’m pretty sure the guy has apnea. He just won’t get the study. He’s the sort that only sees a doctor if a hand is falling off or something.
Since you've worked with CPAP's can I ask you a question? Is it typical for the machine to need re-calibration after the initial setup? I ask because DH had his calibrated when he first got it, but that was about 10-15 years ago. He's never changed the setting since. I tell him he should probably get another study done just to see if anything's changed, and he's not against it but he hasn't put it at the top of his list of things to do. Is it important to do a study again after so many years? Or if it's working, don't fix what's not broke?
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I could have written this post.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:38 pm
Pjmm wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:20 am
Anonymous 3 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:07 am

PJMM did it for me. There is a risk of pneumonia for anyone who uses a CPAP so why would anyone without a medical need spend hundreds of dollars on the machine and then not even be able to use it? It has to be calibrated by a dr. And then add in the risk factors. It's not worth it.
I used to calibrate those machines when I worked for a company that sold them. The doctor would send us the prescription for the calibration. This was the early 2000s. I don’t remember hearing about the pneumonia risk back then. But I’ve seen people with sleep apnea. If you have it I think the risk is worth it. There’s an increased risk of pneumonia anyway. If you don’t have apnea the machine makes no sense. I think anon is saying she’d take her husband for a sleep study before she moved bedrooms. With the couple I know with separate bedrooms I’m pretty sure the guy has apnea. He just won’t get the study. He’s the sort that only sees a doctor if a hand is falling off or something.
Since you've worked with CPAP's can I ask you a question? Is it typical for the machine to need re-calibration after the initial setup? I ask because DH had his calibrated when he first got it, but that was about 10-15 years ago. He's never changed the setting since. I tell him he should probably get another study done just to see if anything's changed, and he's not against it but he hasn't put it at the top of his list of things to do. Is it important to do a study again after so many years? Or if it's working, don't fix what's not broke?
I’m sorry but I didn’t see people after doing the initial calibration so I really don’t know the answer. So if they came back it was only if something was wrong with the machine or the calibration. I was only at the company for a couple of years. This place I’m at now does DME but not CPAP machines. I’d say if it works don’t change it but you might want to ask your physician.
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I can't sleep unless dh is asleep and snoring next to me. It's my white noise.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Better a “sleep divorce” than an actual divorce 🤷‍♀️
You can keep looking into alternatives but getting your sleep in the meantime.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
sarah824
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

KendallsMom wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:46 pm I can't sleep unless dh is asleep and snoring next to me. It's my white noise.
I went through this when DH was diagnosed with sleep apnea and got his CPAP. He went from snoring SUPER loud to not making any noise at night. I would wake up several times a night to make sure he was still breathing. It was so strange for the first few weeks...
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:45 am I would never not sleep next to my husband. I'd get better ear plugs or get him a CPAP.
Even if he had Covid? You'd take that risk?
Either way, it's clear you've never had to deal with the kind of decibels that some people can actually produce when they snore. I had tailored earplugs and slept 3 rooms away but my father's snoring still kept me awake.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:53 am
Anonymous 2 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:45 am I would never not sleep next to my husband. I'd get better ear plugs or get him a CPAP.
Either way, it's clear you've never had to deal with the kind of decibels that some people can actually produce when they snore. I had tailored earplugs and slept 3 rooms away but my father's snoring still kept me awake.
Where did anyone say anything about COVID? Also what risk are you talking about?

I have had to deal with snoring before.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

You're still running and pushing your husband away because you are scared of covid? Good grief. Do you make your husband sleep away from you every time he has a cold, or stomach bug, or a rash etc?? Gosh some of you are so crazy.
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:22 am
You're still running and pushing your husband away because you are scared of covid? Good grief. Do you make your husband sleep away from you every time he has a cold, or stomach bug, or a rash etc?? Gosh some of you are so crazy.
I’m not that anon but, yeah, it’s no different then if he had the flu, a stomach bug or any other nasty shit I don’t want sharing is not caring.
Locked Previous topicNext topic