Sometimes surgeons are the worst

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Not all of them but some of them just think their shit smells like roses and they are God.

We have this one surgeon at work and he's great at performing surgery but he is horrible to work with. No one really likes him as a coworker. He thinks he is directly the boss of all the nurses. He thinks hospiral policies do not apply to his patients.

I got in a heated discussion with him in the middle of the night because he didn't like that I was overruling him and following hospital policy. Even the patient was capable of understanding "This policy is for every patient in the building and a doctor's order can't change that". (The policy is about wearing telemetry while having a lidocaine drip, it's policy for every patient).

The surgeon tried to go in and override the system and when that didn't work he put in an order to cancel the policy.

God it makes me angry sometimes. I just wanted to vent a little bit about a job I usually love.
Heyteacher
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

I had been having knee pain for over a year when I went to see an orthopedic surgeon. He told me “yes it swollen but you aren’t having that much pain you are only 40.” Wanted me to have 4 injections at a cost of $3000 an injection.

Waited another year to get a second opinion he said “You have been through enough”. Actually did an MRI that showed I not only had a torn but flipped meniscus. I was in surgery 2 weeks later and have had zero issues since.

So I feel ya!
RIZZY1
Countess
Countess

Unread post

My mom was a nurse for 35 years. I heard a lot of stories about bad doctors and surgeons. Usually the better they were at their jobs, the worse they were to work with. That was my impression anyway!
Locked Previous topicNext topic