The surrogate is keeping the baby

Deleted User 1977

Unread post

Regardless of what you knew could potentially happen and HAS happened, your sister is grieving and needs a shoulder to lean on, and nothing more.

No "See? I warned you!" comments. Just love, support, and no judgement on what she should have done instead.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

AZOldCoot wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:55 am Regardless of what you knew could potentially happen and HAS happened, your sister is grieving and needs a shoulder to lean on, and nothing more.

No "See? I warned you!" comments. Just love, support, and no judgement on what she should have done instead.
Oh God... I would never ever make comments like that! I have done as much as I can for her but it's hard because nothing actually helps. I am so sad for her and her husband.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Oh please. If this person wants to keep making dumb troll posts I’ll give her dumb answers. Anyone who believes these posts is a complete fool.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:48 am That is disgusting. I’m adopted and I don’t give a crap who “carried” me, I have only one family and I’m perfectly well loved by them.
I’m thankful to the woman who carried me until birth for giving me a chance at life instead of getting rid of me, but she’s not my mother. The woman who raised me is.

OP, it’s a very sad situation and my heart goes out to your sister. I have always considered myself so fortunate to not have fertility issues and I can only imagine how painful that must be. And to get that little ray of hope and have it snatched away from you, how heartbreaking. This isn’t a time for “I knew it!” and “I told you so”. If you haven’t been in her shoes you can’t judge her for not listening to you and going with her gut feeling. It went bad, you knew it could happen, this isn’t the time to feel like she should’ve listened to you.

You can encourage her by saying that there are other options for her. Maybe she could consider adopting. As I said to that heartless bitch, I’m adopted. I personally never understood the lure of surrogacy. I can understand wanting to have that feeling of having your child growing inside you, I’ve felt it. But surrogacy doesn’t do that to you. I can even imagine it would be more hurtful to see another woman going through that. It’s- IMHO- glorification of genes. That’s not what being a parent is.
Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:10 am Good. I’m sure the baby will be well loved by the mother carrying it ❤️
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:10 am Good. I’m sure the baby will be well loved by the mother carrying it ❤️
why in the f**k would you say good!! wtf
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Sounds like the UK needs to get moving on changing the laws around their surrogacy contracts. The biological parents who arranged for the surrogacy in the first place should have legal rights.
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

This exact situation happens on here ALOT!
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Murdoc's Mistress
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Surrogacy unfortunately still comes with a lot of risks. I can't say I'm a huge fan, but I do believe that if the fetus being carried is biologically the child of the intended parents, the child should absolutely go to them and the carrier shouldn't have any rights. But UK law is pretty strict about it and consider the person who carried and birthed the legal mother.

I do hope that the surrogate and her husband come to change their mind and give the child to the rightful parents.
You were born an original, don't die a copy.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Yeah, and your nasty reply wasn’t a troll post… 😂
Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:13 pm Oh please. If this person wants to keep making dumb troll posts I’ll give her dumb answers. Anyone who believes these posts is a complete fool.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:48 am That is disgusting. I’m adopted and I don’t give a crap who “carried” me, I have only one family and I’m perfectly well loved by them.
I’m thankful to the woman who carried me until birth for giving me a chance at life instead of getting rid of me, but she’s not my mother. The woman who raised me is.

OP, it’s a very sad situation and my heart goes out to your sister. I have always considered myself so fortunate to not have fertility issues and I can only imagine how painful that must be. And to get that little ray of hope and have it snatched away from you, how heartbreaking. This isn’t a time for “I knew it!” and “I told you so”. If you haven’t been in her shoes you can’t judge her for not listening to you and going with her gut feeling. It went bad, you knew it could happen, this isn’t the time to feel like she should’ve listened to you.

You can encourage her by saying that there are other options for her. Maybe she could consider adopting. As I said to that heartless bitch, I’m adopted. I personally never understood the lure of surrogacy. I can understand wanting to have that feeling of having your child growing inside you, I’ve felt it. But surrogacy doesn’t do that to you. I can even imagine it would be more hurtful to see another woman going through that. It’s- IMHO- glorification of genes. That’s not what being a parent is.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Locked Previous topicNext topic