CHINA: NEW, POTENTIALLY FATAL LANGYA VIRUS DETECTED

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

https://www.tmz.com/2022/08/09/china-la ... ted-fatal/

CHINA
NEW, POTENTIALLY FATAL LANGYA VIRUS DETECTED ...

No, this isn't deja-vu ... China has discovered a new, potentially fatal virus within its borders, which experts say could trigger yet another pandemic.

The Langya Henipavirus, referred to as "Langya," has already infected 35 people, according to Taiwan's Centers for Disease Control ... it's in the same family as the Hendra virus and Nipah virus.

While none of the patients have died or suffered serious illness, it's a virus that hasn't infected human beings prior to this outbreak ... so there are a lot of unknowns.

Being under the Henipavirus umbrella, it has the potential to do some serious damage ... WHO data classifies Henipavirus with a 40-75% fatality rate.

The symptoms might look all too familiar -- fever, headache, cough, fatigue, etc.

A report by the New England Journal of Medicine says the infected patients had a history of being in contact with animals ... however, it's now possible the virus has already been transmitted from human to human.
cgd5112
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

History of being in contact with animals? What kind of animals? Pets? Farm animals? Wild animals?

Ugh ... This shit is never ending!

Mother Nature's had it with humanity and is hell bent on culling the human herd.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

cgd5112 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:10 am History of being in contact with animals? What kind of animals? Pets? Farm animals? Wild animals?

Mother Nature's had it with humanity and is hell bent on culling the human herd.
Yeah but consider the source is TMZ. BBC is a lot calmer. Yes there is a new virus. So far it doesn’t appear to be spread from human to human. My guess is don’t mess with wild animals, especially moles and you’ll be fine. As for Mother Nature can you blame her for being fed up? https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-62489808.amp
cgd5112
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

LOL! No, I can't :)
Pjmm wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:20 am
cgd5112 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:10 am History of being in contact with animals? What kind of animals? Pets? Farm animals? Wild animals?

Yeah but consider the source is TMZ. BBC is a lot calmer. Yes there is a new virus. So far it doesn’t appear to be spread from human to human. My guess is don’t mess with wild animals, especially moles and you’ll be fine. As for Mother Nature can you blame her for being fed up? https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-62489808.amp
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

I swear Mother Nature or some higher being is sick and tired of our shit.

I fully agree.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I agree. It seems unnecessarily alarmist, riding the coattails of the recent pandemic. And how is a new virus that hasn’t resulted in any deaths or serious consequences be “potentially deadly”? How did they reach that conclusion with those facts? 🙄
I guess a “potentially deadly new virus” sells more than a “new virus that hasn’t killed anybody so far”. 🤷🏼‍♀️

As for Mother Nature, as a religious person I don’t think that’s it. I think we were sent the last pandemic for a reason, to learn some lessons about community, compassion, fellowship, being less selfish and focused on our wants and be willing to make sacrifices for a greater good… and all we did was bitch about having to wear a freaking face mask or get a vaccine. We totally fail, so I wouldn’t be surprised if the lessons start getting harder and harder.

❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Or as I said, trying to teach us some lessons that we’re determined to fail 🤷🏼‍♀️
SouthernIslander wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:19 am

I swear Mother Nature or some higher being is sick and tired of our shit.

I fully agree.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:41 am I agree. It seems unnecessarily alarmist, riding the coattails of the recent pandemic. And how is a new virus that hasn’t resulted in any deaths or serious consequences be “potentially deadly”? How did they reach that conclusion with those facts? 🙄
I guess a “potentially deadly new virus” sells more than a “new virus that hasn’t killed anybody so far”. 🤷🏼‍♀️

As for Mother Nature, as a religious person I don’t think that’s it. I think we were sent the last pandemic for a reason, to learn some lessons about community, compassion, fellowship, being less selfish and focused on our wants and be willing to make sacrifices for a greater good… and all we did was bitch about having to wear a freaking face mask or get a vaccine. We totally fail, so I wouldn’t be surprised if the lessons start getting harder and harder.

I fully believe some predictions Christians say about the end times is true except we’re doing it to ourselves. Scientists have mentioned the melting ice caps could release new viruses and bacteria. Things that I guess never die in ice. So yea we need to learn compassion. It’s to our own benefit. We also need to hear the canary singing in the coal mine and act accordingly. It’s a lesson all right: one of karma.
Locked Previous topicNext topic