Senior pictures

Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

How soon should I start planning for them? School starts the 24th of August and eldest will be a junior this year...so senior NEXT fall.....Should I get them done next summer? Next fall? In the spring?
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

No one? No one has suggestions for senior pics and when to start scheduling.......
sarah824
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:40 pm How soon should I start planning for them? School starts the 24th of August and eldest will be a junior this year...so senior NEXT fall.....Should I get them done next summer? Next fall? In the spring?
DS starts his senior year in September. We just had senior pics done at the end of July. Seems that most people, at least around here, do them in August/September, but DS's football schedule made that harder so instead of trying to cram them in, we just had them done early.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I believe we did senior pictures right before senior year started. I think they were scheduled May or June of Junior year. It was Covid still and the tuxedos for the boys was digitally done. But I went through the school not privately.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Around here, people usually do them in July. I have a senior and she has refused senior pictures. It's okay though as *I* would be doing them with my camera and I broke my shoulder on July 1st. That means, I can't hold my camera. If she decides to do them later, cool. If not, oh well.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
sarah824
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:29 am I believe we did senior pictures right before senior year started. I think they were scheduled May or June of Junior year. It was Covid still and the tuxedos for the boys was digitally done. But I went through the school not privately.
Our school doesn't even offer senior pics. Private photographer is our only option. I wish the school at least had an option. The kids do not have to *match* for the yearbook and if they don't turn in a photo by the deadline then they school just uses the pic they took for their school ID.
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Here they usually do them in the summer between very end May-July before senior year starts, but our school starts back first week of August if that makes any difference.
RIZZY1
Countess
Countess

Unread post

I know I changed a lot during that last year of high school. I would start scheduling the pictures next Christmas for the coming Spring, that way the photos are as recent as possible.
sarah824
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

RIZZY1 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:45 am I know I changed a lot during that last year of high school. I would start scheduling the pictures next Christmas for the coming Spring, that way the photos are as recent as possible.
I am not sure how it works everywhere, but we have to submit a photo to the school for the yearbook by October of their senior year. Even when I was in HS we had to have the photos done the summer between junior and senior year.
RIZZY1
Countess
Countess

Unread post

sarah824 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:19 pm
RIZZY1 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:45 am I know I changed a lot during that last year of high school. I would start scheduling the pictures next Christmas for the coming Spring, that way the photos are as recent as possible.
I am not sure how it works everywhere, but we have to submit a photo to the school for the yearbook by October of their senior year. Even when I was in HS we had to have the photos done the summer between junior and senior year.
Oh, weird. Here, the photos for the yearbooks are taken in school. I can't remember what time of year but it would be during the school year. If people want even nicer photos, that is when they would hire a photographer.

IDK, that sounds silly and stressful to me. But if you must, it doesn't sound like you have a choice.
Locked Previous topicNext topic