I'm kicking my daughter out the day she turns 19

Anonymous 1

Unread post

BobCobbMagob wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:44 am I say we all get together and form a coalition to kick you off this site.

At this point, it just seems like you’re trying to sabotage the whole group. Like you’re doing your best to ruin things here…
Anonymous 5 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:09 amLOL hi bumpy!
I'm starting to wonder if that anon is actually bumpy. It makes perfect sense honestly.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I’m with you here. I think that I could never just wash my hands of my children, but I’ve never been in a position of having to make such a choice.
What I do know if that if something were to happen to my child because I kicked him out and left him to his own devices, I wouldn’t be able to forgive myself and all my reasons would just sound like cheap excuses to me from then on. It doesn’t matter how much I told myself that I did everything I could, or that I was protecting the rest of the family. I don’t think I’ll be able to convince myself of that anymore. The guilt would eat me alive.

LiveWhatULove wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:51 am I hope I never get to this point with any of my children…I love them so much. It is hard to imagine such a fractured relationship, where they would not be welcome in my home.

But I know I have not walked in your shoes, I hope you find peace and repair the relationship in the future! Nothing wrong with young adults getting their own place.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
RIZZY1
Countess
Countess

Unread post

I take it this bumpity person has a bad reputation. But I have to be honest and I don't have much of an outlet to talk to people about our family problems.

My daughter is 15 and we are struggling with her behaviors. From my perspective, it started after her father traumatized her when she was 11. Six months after that revelation, she started self harming. Then, the inappropriate clothes and stealing. Then she started sneaking out a lot. Then, the booze and weed. Then, the social media and burner phones. Now she's "active' with her boyfriends.

She's in counseling. I went to counseling. We've done groundings, positive reinforcement, taking things away, being super strict, being less strict. We've done everything suggested to us by doctors and counselors, everything you can find on the web. Sometimes I think about sending her to a boot camp...but she's not violent. She's just extremely sneaky and wickedly smart.

I'm terrified of her moving out because I don't think she will be mature enough to make good decisions. But I am also beyond stressed and sometimes I don't want to be around her anymore. I know I just need a break but I can't just stop parenting. God, I'm in tears just typing this. I know that people think I'm a bad mom. Sometimes even my friends will tell me, "Well, you buy her those clothes." No, I don't. She steals them or borrows them from friends, switches clothes at school. They think I allow her to have social media. No, I don't. She's not allowed to have social media on her phone. She logs in through other people's phones or gets burner phones from friends. People think I allow her to have piercings and tattoos. No, I don't! She did it herself, I don't even know where or how she got the supplies. I often feel like I'm at my wits end, being blamed for everything and unable to get through to her.
iluv2meow
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:13 am The 🍎 doesn't fall far from the 🎄.
Do you know who the poster is? How do you know if the poster has behaved like this as a teen or an adult? What proof do you have?
F***ing meow this and meow that and - MEOW
iluv2meow
Countess
Countess

Unread post

RIZZY1 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:29 pm I take it this bumpity person has a bad reputation. But I have to be honest and I don't have much of an outlet to talk to people about our family problems.

My daughter is 15 and we are struggling with her behaviors. From my perspective, it started after her father traumatized her when she was 11. Six months after that revelation, she started self harming. Then, the inappropriate clothes and stealing. Then she started sneaking out a lot. Then, the booze and weed. Then, the social media and burner phones. Now she's "active' with her boyfriends.

She's in counseling. I went to counseling. We've done groundings, positive reinforcement, taking things away, being super strict, being less strict. We've done everything suggested to us by doctors and counselors, everything you can find on the web. Sometimes I think about sending her to a boot camp...but she's not violent. She's just extremely sneaky and wickedly smart.

I'm terrified of her moving out because I don't think she will be mature enough to make good decisions. But I am also beyond stressed and sometimes I don't want to be around her anymore. I know I just need a break but I can't just stop parenting. God, I'm in tears just typing this. I know that people think I'm a bad mom. Sometimes even my friends will tell me, "Well, you buy her those clothes." No, I don't. She steals them or borrows them from friends, switches clothes at school. They think I allow her to have social media. No, I don't. She's not allowed to have social media on her phone. She logs in through other people's phones or gets burner phones from friends. People think I allow her to have piercings and tattoos. No, I don't! She did it herself, I don't even know where or how she got the supplies. I often feel like I'm at my wits end, being blamed for everything and unable to get through to her.
Giving you a big hug. A lot of parents are going through some really difficult time right now.
iluv2meow
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Who is BUMPY?
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

RIZZY1 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:29 pm I take it this bumpity person has a bad reputation. But I have to be honest and I don't have much of an outlet to talk to people about our family problems.

This reads like you have utilized every resource available to you to help her. No disrespect to your friends, but it’s very unfair and unsupportive to blame you when you’re doing everything you can.

Sorry you are going through this. Sending you hugs and positive thoughts.
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Does she work and buy her own things or pay any bills?

If not, she'd have a bed, basic clothes, and food. That's all you have to supply.

No phone, no Wi-Fi, no nothing until she behaves or gets out.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I feel like I could have literally written something very similar 13 yrs ago. My oldest is now 29, but from her tweens through her teens, I lived in constant heartache so intense I felt like I couldn’t breath. It felt like a switch had flipped, though looking back it was more gradual than that. I was constantly wondering where my sweet, caring, independent, precocious child had gone.
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

BobCobbMagob wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:44 am I say we all get together and form a coalition to kick you off this site.

At this point, it just seems like you’re trying to sabotage the whole group. Like you’re doing your best to ruin things here…
I don’t keep up with anons. I have one that likes to follow my posts and try to start an argument. I digress. Who is she and how do you always know please?
Locked Previous topicNext topic