Senior pictures

Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

sarah824 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:19 pm
RIZZY1 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:45 am I know I changed a lot during that last year of high school. I would start scheduling the pictures next Christmas for the coming Spring, that way the photos are as recent as possible.
I am not sure how it works everywhere, but we have to submit a photo to the school for the yearbook by October of their senior year. Even when I was in HS we had to have the photos done the summer between junior and senior year.
I have a feeling we will need to get them done early as well. Yearbooks get distributed the last week of school but they never have many events after February pictured and it's usually just the spring sports team photos (not shots from games or anything else like fall sports get)
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Well I hope there is still time. My Senior just started school almost two weeks ago and we haven't done anything regarding senior pics yet. I want to do them, even if he doesn't. I guess I need to try and find out the deadline for the yearbook because that will help determine when we do them.
sarah824
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

RIZZY1 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:21 pm
sarah824 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:19 pm
RIZZY1 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:45 am I know I changed a lot during that last year of high school. I would start scheduling the pictures next Christmas for the coming Spring, that way the photos are as recent as possible.
I am not sure how it works everywhere, but we have to submit a photo to the school for the yearbook by October of their senior year. Even when I was in HS we had to have the photos done the summer between junior and senior year.
Oh, weird. Here, the photos for the yearbooks are taken in school. I can't remember what time of year but it would be during the school year. If people want even nicer photos, that is when they would hire a photographer.

IDK, that sounds silly and stressful to me. But if you must, it doesn't sound like you have a choice.
Yearbook photos and regular school photos for all HS students are done usually right before school starts at registration. They also get their student ID at that time. As a senior you can choose to have one of your senior photos in the yearbook, but they have to be submitted by some time in October.

Senior pictures have always been done in the summer/fall of your senior year for as long as I can remember. I have never heard of anyone doing them right before graduation.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

sarah824 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:32 am
Pjmm wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:29 am I believe we did senior pictures right before senior year started. I think they were scheduled May or June of Junior year. It was Covid still and the tuxedos for the boys was digitally done. But I went through the school not privately.
Our school doesn't even offer senior pics. Private photographer is our only option. I wish the school at least had an option. The kids do not have to *match* for the yearbook and if they don't turn in a photo by the deadline then they school just uses the pic they took for their school ID.
I'm kind of cheap and not very sentimental. Nor is anyone in my family, which is very small. I ordered pictures, received them, and now can't find the damned things. I have one out of the package. I just took my own the day of his graduation and sent those to family. We all prefer those type anyhow. I guess I can get more from the school's studio but there seems no reason. If I had to provide my own I'd probably...Idk. Put him in a suit, take him to a park and snap away. My ex used to complain I never got school pictures. And it's because I never really cared to have them. I used to get them for him if I remembered. I have a ton of us doing fun stuff, don't get me wrong. Just nothing posed. Yds also would forget to give me the packages. I think he did it on purpose, lol.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:37 pm
Pjmm wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:29 am I believe we did senior pictures right before senior year started. I think they were scheduled May or June of Junior year. It was Covid still and the tuxedos for the boys was digitally done. But I went through the school not privately.
Our school doesn't even offer senior pics. Private photographer is our only option. I wish the school at least had an option. The kids do not have to *match* for the yearbook and if they don't turn in a photo by the deadline then they school just uses the pic they took for their school ID.
I'm kind of cheap and not very sentimental. Nor is anyone in my family, which is very small. I ordered pictures, received them, and now can't find the damned things. I have one out of the package. I just took my own the day of his graduation and sent those to family. We all prefer those type anyhow. I guess I can get more from the school's studio but there seems no reason. If I had to provide my own I'd probably...Idk. Put him in a suit, take him to a park and snap away. My ex used to complain I never got school pictures. And it's because I never really cared to have them. I used to get them for him if I remembered. I have a ton of us doing fun stuff, don't get me wrong. Just nothing posed. Yds also would forget to give me the packages. I think he did it on purpose, lol.
I'm somewhat the opposite. (I'm also kind of cheap and not very sentimental) I don't take pictures often and the kids don't really like having their pics taken so school photos are the only photos we really have from year to year.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:49 pm

I'm somewhat the opposite. (I'm also kind of cheap and not very sentimental) I don't take pictures often and the kids don't really like having their pics taken so school photos are the only photos we really have from year to year.
The prices annoy me lol. I'm sure photographers earn their keep, don't get me wrong. But they still annoy me. And maybe one day I'll be sad I don't have professional photos of yds. But it is what it is. I do think there's something to be said for enjoying a fun moment instead of taking a picture. But I prefer spontaneous ones. We're just opposites on the same coin.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:58 pm

The prices annoy me lol. I'm sure photographers earn their keep, don't get me wrong. But they still annoy me. And maybe one day I'll be sad I don't have professional photos of yds. But it is what it is. I do think there's something to be said for enjoying a fun moment instead of taking a picture. But I prefer spontaneous ones. We're just opposites on the same coin.
Oh yeah, Prices can be ridiculous. I only deal with them because they're the only photos I get of the kids and I'm sure one day I'll be glad I have them, maybe. Or at least the kids will be glad to have them when they're out on their own.
sarah824
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

LOL! I try to get yearly photos done of the kids. Whether that is their regular school photos or going to a studio or now, for senior pics, hiring a photographer. I like to be able to send them to family that is far away, although we have less and less lately it seems. :-(

I am very pleased with how DS's senior photos turned out and I do like that I didn't have to order a whole package of sizes I will never use. He chose the photo he wants for the yearbook and I will order a few prints for home and then I will do some for Christmas cards. I will also use some of the shots for a graduation announcement. We ended up with 80+ digital images and I love about 50 of them. I like having a choice in which ones I buy.
sarah824
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:04 pm

Oh yeah, Prices can be ridiculous. I only deal with them because they're the only photos I get of the kids and I'm sure one day I'll be glad I have them, maybe. Or at least the kids will be glad to have them when they're out on their own.
I would definitely recommend shopping around for senior pics. I got 3 quotes before I picked our photographer and the prices ranged from $175 - $375 just for the session. All were about the same as far as session time, number of outfit changes and locations. The biggest difference in cost was the amount of digital images we received back.

For $175 we got about 45 minutes of camera time, 2 clothing changes and 2 locations. She sent me the digital gallery with the edited photos and there were 80+ images for us.

The other photographers I had quote me may have given us a little more camera time and we would have ended up with anywhere from 100 to 200 images. I am perfectly happy with the 80+ we got.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

sarah824 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:31 pm
Baconqueen13 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:04 pm

I would definitely recommend shopping around for senior pics. I got 3 quotes before I picked our photographer and the prices ranged from $175 - $375 just for the session. All were about the same as far as session time, number of outfit changes and locations. The biggest difference in cost was the amount of digital images we received back.

For $175 we got about 45 minutes of camera time, 2 clothing changes and 2 locations. She sent me the digital gallery with the edited photos and there were 80+ images for us.

The other photographers I had quote me may have given us a little more camera time and we would have ended up with anywhere from 100 to 200 images. I am perfectly happy with the 80+ we got.
80n sounds like a ridiculously large number of photos to me. I couldn't imagine 200. How different could they all be? But again, I'm not one for photos.
Locked Previous topicNext topic