I am livid

Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

For all those who rolled your eyes insisted that people were over reacting to the ramifications of anti -choice state laws and the overturn of Roe v Wade, you were wrong.

For the last 4 months Dd has been having menstrual issues that have slowly but progressively been getting worse. So much so that she’s been having cramping and heavy flow for 3 weeks now. She was finally able to get in with her dr. Her appointment was today. Our insurance requires referrals from pcp to the gynecologist. She got her referral, her dr told her to make the appointment asap BUT also told her they wouldn’t be able to do the full exam they need to do if she’s still menstruating so prescribed her medication to try to stop it. She went to pick up her prescription, which had been filled. The tech first told he that he could not give it to her because of his religion and Walgreens allows them to decline to give meds for religious reasons. Dd says, ok can you see if another technician can give me my meds or tell me which location I can have it transferred to so I can get it. He then tells her because of state laws and the over turning of Roe V Wade he would not give her this information nor ask another tech to give her the meds and that state laws protect him from having to, which is true. For several minutes he refused to help Dd until she finally, loudly detailed why she was prescribed the medication in which he finally gave her the med. not even got another tech. It’s freaking ridiculous that someone feels that they need to supply a complete stranger their medical information to not be denied medication they need. It’s ridiculous that what should be between a woman and her dr is no longer between a woman and her dr because anti-choicers do not care about infringe on others rights.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

YUP. I went from free birth control to a $30 copay and I've been on the same thing for the last 5 years.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:37 pm YUP. I went from free birth control to a $30 copay and I've been on the same thing for the last 5 years.
It’s absolutely ridiculous. Women are becoming second class again and it’s starting with our health care.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Quorra2.0 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:43 pm
Baconqueen13 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:37 pm YUP. I went from free birth control to a $30 copay and I've been on the same thing for the last 5 years.
It’s absolutely ridiculous. Women are becoming second class again and it’s starting with our health care.
So we fight it. Start voting, EVERY ELECTION. Not just the major ones. Start protesting. Start advocating for women's rights and keep at it. I am confident that this will all be rather short lived and our healthcare will return but until it does you can be sure my local jurisdiction, my health insurer, my primary care doctor, EVERYONE will be hearing about it and I will be a total Karen about it until my rights are restored.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Ten years ago, way before this wrongful decision was overturned, I had to pay $90 a month because mine wasn't on the formulary and had no generic. And I worked for the insurance company at the time. So you have a copay for your choice of birth control. Boo hoo. So you think you have a right to free birth control? You are all so beyond ridiculous.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:11 am
Ten years ago, way before this wrongful decision was overturned, I had to pay $90 a month because mine wasn't on the formulary and had no generic. And I worked for the insurance company at the time. So you have a copay for your choice of birth control. Boo hoo. So you think you have a right to free birth control? You are all so beyond ridiculous.
First off I'm on the generic. Secondly our state laws require health insurers to cover prescription birth control to consumers at no cost. So yeah the fact that my state laws are being circumvented because my NATIONAL health insurance company is based through an anti-choice state and I now have a co pay where I didn't have one before is Bullshit. It's not entitlement it's a violation of my rights and the LAW in my home state. It's only a matter of time before I am unable to get my birth control period because some blowhard in an anti-choice state decides to ban birth control. There are already drafts being made to that effect.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

This isn’t about co-pays it’s about rights being violated. Since you disagree that medical information and decisions should be between patients and their doctors only, post you medical records. I dare you. Though I doubt you will because I find it hard to believe anyone actually thinks they do not have a right to medical privacy.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Women have always been second class.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:20 am
Women have always been second class.
True, but the gap had been substantially shrinking, this was a giant step backwards.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

So you think you have a right to free birth control? You are all so beyond ridiculous.
1. Family planning is a choice as fundamental as choosing your own career or spouse. Of course it's a right, one that makes people's lives better.

2. Every bit of successful birth control helps you personally, giving you, your community and your country better outcomes. But it can only provide the most important benefits if it's available to every person with ease. It costs so much less than unwanted pregnancy, we are privileged to be able to provide it to each other. Why would you begrudge that?
Locked Previous topicNext topic