Spin off Name pronunciation

Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

How would you pronounce this name

Thaisa

Mildly curious. I chose it as a middle name for my kid thinking it was pronounced one way and have heard it pronounced like 3 or 4 different ways. Ultimately it doesn't matter as it is never used. I was simply wondering.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

My initial reaction is tay-sah, then maybe thay-sah. Either way, rhymes with mesa.

I've never seen that name before so I won't be at all surprised if I have it all wrong.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Tay-zah
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Th-Asia…I always assume “th” makes th sound unless told otherwise.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

They-sha. How do you pronounce it?
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

My DD’s friend has it pronounced as Tie-eza(long e short a) so that’s how I’d pronounce it unless corrected.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Thiy-ih-sa is how I’ve heard it pronounced before.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

So when I named my kid I THOUGHT it was pronounced. They-suh.

Apparently the "correct" pronunciation is Tie-ee-suh. With the Thai like in Thailand.

I've heard it pronounced several different variations from both of these as well, many of which were mentioned.
The name came from a Character in Shakespeare's play Pericles, if that makes a difference in pronunciation. To be fair I've only read it, I've never seen a play performed live to hear the name pronounced.
So Yay me, my kid has a name no one can pronounce correctly including myself. LOL
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:55 pm So when I named my kid I THOUGHT it was pronounced. They-suh.

Apparently the "correct" pronunciation is Tie-ee-suh. With the Thai like in Thailand.

I've heard it pronounced several different variations from both of these as well, many of which were mentioned.
The name came from a Character in Shakespeare's play Pericles, if that makes a difference in pronunciation. To be fair I've only read it, I've never seen a play performed live to hear the name pronounced.
So Yay me, my kid has a name no one can pronounce correctly including myself. LOL
You pronounce it how you want. I mean, I wouldn’t get upset if people mispronounced it before you told them how you pronounce it, but I wouldn’t sweat it you know?
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Quorra2.0 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:40 pm
Baconqueen13 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:55 pm So when I named my kid I THOUGHT it was pronounced. They-suh.

You pronounce it how you want. I mean, I wouldn’t get upset if people mispronounced it before you told them how you pronounce it, but I wouldn’t sweat it you know?
Oh I don't worry about it at all. It's the middle name so it' only called when someone is REALLY in trouble KWIM. Just thought it was funny I gave my kid a name I didn't even know the pronunciation for and curious as to how others would pronounce it.
Locked Previous topicNext topic