Spin off Name pronunciation

Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:43 pm
Quorra2.0 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:40 pm
Baconqueen13 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:55 pm So when I named my kid I THOUGHT it was pronounced. They-suh.

Apparently the "correct" pronunciation is Tie-ee-suh. With the Thai like in Thailand.

I've heard it pronounced several different variations from both of these as well, many of which were mentioned.
The name came from a Character in Shakespeare's play Pericles, if that makes a difference in pronunciation. To be fair I've only read it, I've never seen a play performed live to hear the name pronounced.
So Yay me, my kid has a name no one can pronounce correctly including myself. LOL
You pronounce it how you want. I mean, I wouldn’t get upset if people mispronounced it before you told them how you pronounce it, but I wouldn’t sweat it you know?
Oh I don't worry about it at all. It's the middle name so it' only called when someone is REALLY in trouble KWIM. Just thought it was funny I gave my kid a name I didn't even know the pronunciation for and curious as to how others would pronounce it.
It’s a pretty name either way.
RIZZY1
Countess
Countess

Unread post

I have a common, English first name. People still get it wrong. I went from a 5-letter last name to a 12-letter last name and people have just as much trouble pronouncing the long one as they did the short one. The only difference is that my married name is "cool" and "unique" and my maiden name is just German. LOL Name your kid whatever you want.

FTR, I would guess it's pronounced Thai-isa. Like Thailand with an -isa on the end. But I would flow the Thai into the isa, sort of like is common in Spanish and Italian. I think it's pretty.
Locked Previous topicNext topic