Mar-a-Lago raided by FBI

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:51 am
Quorra2.0 wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:17 am
DSamuels wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:20 pm

Oh really? Have you seen the warrant that they haven’t made public yet? You must be a very important insider.

It’s been reported, even by CNN that the room was secured.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/09/politics ... index.html

You have to wonder how a magistrate in FL who recused himself from a case involving Trump and Hillary because he didn’t feel he could be unbiased towards Trump thought it was okay to sign a search warrant 6 weeks later. SMH

https://www.kulr8.com/news/national/flo ... ec67d.html
It really doesn’t matter whether they were sitting in boxes at on the 18th hole or locked in a vault within a vault within a room with high tech security. By law, he was not to take these documents. This isn’t some made up law that the Democrats pulled out of their asses. He’s just the only former president who hasn’t complied with this law. Which is only compounded by how many docs the Archives had to tape up because of his continual habit of violating presidential record keeping and transparency laws that were implemented shortly after Watergate.

ETA: not really over the judge. He had to recuse himself. Otherwise IF Trump won, it would have been easily appealed which could have swayed on the ruling in the appeal and possibly cost him his seat on the bench. A search warrant is a little different, there were no grounds for him to deny the warrant and he wouldn’t be the presiding judge over the case. Now if he had not signed the warrant with there being no grounds to deny the warrant, then it could have caused him to be removed from the bench.
Well said and I totally agree.
Thank you.

What do you think of the informant? I have suspicions it’s a family member. I just don’t think there is anyone he’d trust more who would know what he still had and where, and there’s something…idk. Not that it really matters, it’s more of a curiosity, a puzzle my mind is intrigued with.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Garland will be speaking in about 5 minutes. May or may not be about warrant served.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

For over a year the Archivists requested the return of the documents, negotiated what and when they would be returned, and prior subpoenas were issued for the return of improperly removed White House documents. When they still did not get all the documents returned, the FBI used a search warrant to remove the remaining documents into Federal Custody.

If DT had not violated the law by removing the documents none of this would have been needed. If he had returned them at the original request none of this would have been needed.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/08/11/us/p ... poena.html
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Interesting to see if DT's attorneys will ask the court to keep the warrant sealed.... His own choice to publicize the event is what makes it possible to now unseal the warrant and inventory list of what was removed.

SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Quorra2.0 wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:37 pm

It really doesn’t matter whether they were sitting in boxes at on the 18th hole or locked in a vault within a vault within a room with high tech security. By law, he was not to take these documents. This isn’t some made up law that the Democrats pulled out of their asses. He’s just the only former president who hasn’t complied with this law. Which is only compounded by how many docs the Archives had to tape up because of his continual habit of violating presidential record keeping and transparency laws that were implemented shortly after Watergate.

ETA: not really over the judge. He had to recuse himself. Otherwise IF Trump won, it would have been easily appealed which could have swayed on the ruling in the appeal and possibly cost him his seat on the bench. A search warrant is a little different, there were no grounds for him to deny the warrant and he wouldn’t be the presiding judge over the case. Now if he had not signed the warrant with there being no grounds to deny the warrant, then it could have caused him to be removed from the bench.
Thank you.

What do you think of the informant? I have suspicions it’s a family member. I just don’t think there is anyone he’d trust more who would know what he still had and where, and there’s something…idk. Not that it really matters, it’s more of a curiosity, a puzzle my mind is intrigued with.
Trump is the type of person who has screwed over so many people and runs his mouth way too much. I wouldn't know where to start as far as guessing who threw him under the bus. LOL!!! Its no telling who it was.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Quorra2.0 wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:37 pm

Thank you.

I think it may have been a member of Secret Service.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

OoooooHhhhhhoooooo!!!

Boy had the info on Nukes in his files.

What was he going to do with that?!?
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

BobCobbMagob wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:53 am OoooooHhhhhhoooooo!!!

Sell it to the Saudi's who he just hosted them at his Bedminster golf course (same one he buried his ex wife at) on July 28th. My bet was he would sell us out to China but that was before he was elected the first time. Either way it's Treason. He belongs in jail.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:30 am
BobCobbMagob wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:53 am OoooooHhhhhhoooooo!!!

Sell it to the Saudi's who he just hosted them at his Bedminster golf course (same one he buried his ex wife at) on July 28th. My bet was he would sell us out to China but that was before he was elected the first time. Either way it's Treason. He belongs in jail.
Locked Previous topicNext topic