Float Spa Therapy

carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

So there's a place here that advertises Float Spa Therapy. You go and float in this sensory deprivation tank for an hour. It has Epsom salts in it and idk what else to help with pain. So many people swear by it for pain relief so my DH is going to go on Wednesday to try it since his back has been hurting him.

Anyone try it? The place has been there for awhile so I assume they must be doing well if they are still in business. They have lots of good reviews online and on their FB too.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I'm going to ask a really dumb question..... is it a closed-in tank? Kwim?

I've never tried anything like this but it sounds like heaven. I hope your husband finds some relief from going. I know backache far too well.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 7:40 pm I'm going to ask a really dumb question..... is it a closed-in tank? Kwim?

I've never tried anything like this but it sounds like heaven. I hope your husband finds some relief from going. I know backache far too well.
They have both. I could never do a closed one. I'm way too claustrophobic for that lol.
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

Somehow, I must have clicked anon. 🙄

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 7:40 pm I'm going to ask a really dumb question..... is it a closed-in tank? Kwim?

Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Is it completely dark? I’d think I’d gone blind The whole time, probably last three minutes. But if you’re not the anxious type I would think it would relax your whole body and that helps certain types of pain. He should try it.
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

carterscutie85 wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 7:40 pm

They have both. I could never do a closed one. I'm way too claustrophobic for that lol.
That's why I asked and because I'm very claustrophobic as well. lol
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 7:43 pm Is it completely dark? I’d think I’d gone blind The whole time, probably last three minutes. But if you’re not the anxious type I would think it would relax your whole body and that helps certain types of pain. He should try it.
I'm not really sure. It doesn't sound like something I would enjoy because TBH I can't just float for an hour. I'd be too bored lol. From their page it seems like they have a lot of options and you can do whatever you are comfortable with.
Gorilla_Mama
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I love floating in pools, I might try an open one if they do those. But the idea of being closed in total darkness with only my thoughts scares me a little.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

There was some weird 80s movie about that. Forget the name but the guy spent so much time in a deprivation tank he started devolving. Literally. Fictional of course but I’ll pass on those sorts of tanks lol.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

carterscutie85 wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 8:07 pm
Lemons wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 7:43 pm Is it completely dark? I’d think I’d gone blind The whole time, probably last three minutes. But if you’re not the anxious type I would think it would relax your whole body and that helps certain types of pain. He should try it.
I'm not really sure. It doesn't sound like something I would enjoy because TBH I can't just float for an hour. I'd be too bored lol. From their page it seems like they have a lot of options and you can do whatever you are comfortable with.
I can’t get my mind to stop racing. I get bored after 10 minutes of a massage and forget getting my nails done. Actually maybe you would be good for people like us. Learn to be able to float mindlessly for an hour. Actually maybe 10 minutes would be better.
Locked Previous topicNext topic