Donald Trump hints at 2024 White House comeback bid: ‘The time is coming’

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

I don’t think I care. People will be the same no matter who wins
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

BobCobbMagob wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:26 am I don’t think I care. People will be the same no matter who wins
I do care. This is someone that couldn’t give two shits about us or his family so long as he gets what he wants. He makes Nixon’s actions look like a walk in the park. At the best he stood by on Jan 6 and was willing to let us burn. At worse he instigated this whole mess. The only way I’ll vote for him is if someone brings Hitler or Stalin back from the dead as his opposition. Otherwise Idc if it’s between him and Satan himself. The prince of darkness probably has more morals than he does.
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:25 am
BobCobbMagob wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:26 am I don’t think I care. People will be the same no matter who wins
I do care. This is someone that couldn’t give two shits about us or his family so long as he gets what he wants. He makes Nixon’s actions look like a walk in the park. At the best he stood by on Jan 6 and was willing to let us burn. At worse he instigated this whole mess. The only way I’ll vote for him is if someone brings Hitler or Stalin back from the dead as his opposition. Otherwise Idc if it’s between him and Satan himself. The prince of darkness probably has more morals than he does.
Oh don’t think we’ve ever had a president that cares about anything more than themselves or their own family.

Maybe Carter.

Trump is kind of a scapegoat. Everyone on the left wants to go “look! Look how evil he is, he’s making everyone else evil too!”

But he didn’t actually do anything evil when he was president, he ended wars, brought troops home, made it so medical treatments still in testing could be used to save lives and lowered taxes. He was a major dick while doing it all, but still, as far as what he actually did, he was normal enough in his administrative goals.

He isn’t some kind of mythological figure, he didn’t make anyone do anything that wasn’t already in them to do and he doesn’t have any sort of power over his base. He’s just some guy.

I’m not going to vote for him, but because I think the hype he brings is too distracting to be a good idea, but I think the left created this image of power and evil force that’s behind him now that never was there to begin with.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

BobCobbMagob wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:39 am
Oh don’t think we’ve ever had a president that cares about anything more than themselves or their own family.

Maybe Carter.

Trump is kind of a scapegoat. Everyone on the left wants to go “look! Look how evil he is, he’s making everyone else evil too!”

But he didn’t actually do anything evil when he was president, he ended wars, brought troops home, made it so medical treatments still in testing could be used to save lives and lowered taxes. He was a major dick while doing it all, but still, as far as what he actually did, he was normal enough in his administrative goals.

He isn’t some kind of mythological figure, he didn’t make anyone do anything that wasn’t already in them to do and he doesn’t have any sort of power over his base. He’s just some guy.

I’m not going to vote for him, but because I think the hype he brings is too distracting to be a good idea, but I think the left created this image of power and evil force that’s behind him now that never was there to begin with.
Lowered taxes only for corporations. I’m not going to argue politics. I’m saying at best he did nothing to stop what happened on Jan 6. He didn’t even try. So to me that wipes out anything good he ever did. I’m ready to jump ship to the Republicans just so I can vote for anyone else but him in the primary. I’ll even take DeSantis, Romney, idc. Long as it’s not Trump. And he doesn’t care about his family either. I think he’d throw anyone to the wolves to save his own skin.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

If he was to gain office again you might as well vote Hitler or Stalin, it wouldn’t be any different. The people who BARELY kept him in check and totally using his executive powers to completely stomp on our constitutional rights are no longer in positions to do so and I doubt the GOP will be able to marginally keep him leashed the second time around. They need to get Pence to announce his candidacy. I really don’t know if anyone else would have a chance in the primaries against Trump on the conservative side.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Quorra2.0 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:12 pm
If he was to gain office again you might as well vote Hitler or Stalin, it wouldn’t be any different. The people who BARELY kept him in check and totally using his executive powers to completely stomp on our constitutional rights are no longer in positions to do so and I doubt the GOP will be able to marginally keep him leashed the second time around. They need to get Pence to announce his candidacy. I really don’t know if anyone else would have a chance in the primaries against Trump on the conservative side.
Pence wasn't even mentioned at CPAC. Granted, CPAC, at least the clips I saw, was the weirdest and scariest grouping of people and performance art I've ever seen. Straw poll had Trump 1st pick followed by DeSantis second. Donald Jr. distant third and Cruz with a couple percentage points. I don't know how influential CPAC really is anymore but if it is even marginally representational, it's frightening.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

BobCobbMagob wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:39 am

Maybe Carter.

Trump rightfully took credit for the role he played in getting Roe vs. Wade over turned and a lot of this far right extremism has gotten worse in areas like the Deep South.

The left has their problem areas but they are right in terms of Trump’s political power and influence.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:35 pm

I think every Democrat in America would show up. They may hate Biden but they hate Trump more. I’m not crazy about Biden but if it has to be him again I’ll vote for him. I don’t like Pence but I’m okay with him too.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:37 pm
Pjmm wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:35 pm

I think every Democrat in America would show up. They may hate Biden but they hate Trump more. I’m not crazy about Biden but if it has to be him again I’ll vote for him. I don’t like Pence but I’m okay with him too.
I wouldn’t be okay with Mike Pence because “pray the gay away” people scare me. 😫😫😫😫😫
Locked Previous topicNext topic