Is the Cracker Barrel menu getting 'woke'? Meat eaters rage on Facebook over addition of Impossible sausage

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

It being offered upon request? No. If it replaces the regular sausage or bacon and they no longer have regular sausage, I can see the outrage. Not that I eat at Cracker Barrel as we don't even have one locally.

Now the fact they're rearranging my grocery store and adding plant based meats in with regular options side by side instead of in their own specialized section like before...that's a tad infuriating but they also put the vanilla extract in between the herbs and spices instead of the baking aisle during the recent remodel too and it's just a bit perplexing. They also split the canned goods down 3 different aisle. So one aisle has just plain beans corn, tomato sauces, etc. Another has prepared canned foods like chili, spaghetti o's, spam etc. and the third has soup. which is right next to the herbs and spices........none of it makes any sense. The chips are across from the breakfast foods like cereal and peanut butter, the coffee is down the same aisle as soup.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

"YOU CAN TAKE MY PORK SAUSAGE WHEN YOU PRY IT FROM MY COLD, DEAD HANDS," Facebook user Mark Vige commented. "DON'T TREAD ON MY PORK!"
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 No lie, pork is serious business in the south.

They’ll get over it. Nobody is obligated to buy it and it’ll probably get shelved for low sales like a lot of other fast food chains .
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

"YOU CAN TAKE MY PORK SAUSAGE WHEN YOU PRY IT FROM MY COLD, DEAD HANDS," Facebook user Mark Vige commented. "DON'T TREAD ON MY PORK!"
lol.
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Also, "woke" has become an absolutely meaningless word.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Why shouldn't retail businesses make changes they think will generate profit or attract new customers? Isn't that the point of being in business.

Honestly, I don't understand why it would bother people that others want to expand their menu choices to include healthier options, or foods that align with their thoughts on nutrition or food production.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

There are millions of Americans who don’t eat meat and millions more who can only eat meat that is prepared under religious guidelines and so they can’t eat the meat at most restaurants. The large majority of chain and fast food restaurants don’t have many or any vegetarian friendly options, so by putting this on the menu they are tapping into an untouched market. It’s not like they are taking meat away, so I don’t get why people are all bothered by what’s on someone else’s plate.
PrincessLaLa
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I'm a big time meat eater and it wouldn't bother me. I do get aggravated whenever things I like are replaced and I feel like my choice is taken away (like how I can't get a Dr Pepper with full sugar, only half sugar/half artificial sweetener), but having the option there for people who want it is great. I don't like most fake meat so I just won't order it when I go there, simple.
SallyMae
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Woke is good.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Unless they’re replacing regular meat items with plant based options, I think it’s beyond ridiculous to complain. Keep buying your regular sausage and let those who want a vegetarian alternative for whatever reasons they want to have one. What’s the big deal?
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Locked Previous topicNext topic