YMCA bans grandma after she demanded transgender staff member leave women's locker room

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

An 80-year-old woman in Washington State has reportedly been banned from her local YMCA after she demanded that a transgender staff member, who was overseeing a group of young girls during their bathroom time, be removed from the women's locker room.
https://komonews.com/news/local/ymca-ba ... washington
Deleted User 2053

Unread post

There is absolutely no respect for our elders anymore. The woman did nothing wrong in my opinion and I hope that most people side with the elderly lady in this situation. If people want to be "transgender", that is their personal prerogative and right to do so. It crosses the line when it is pushed on other people, or more accurate forced on people. This crap is getting out of control. And whomever wants to argue with me over my opinions on this matter, well they can just pass me by, because I won't engage in arguing with anyone here.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Angelgirl4478 wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:54 pm There is absolutely no respect for our elders anymore. The woman did nothing wrong in my opinion and I hope that most people side with the elderly lady in this situation. If people want to be "transgender", that is their personal prerogative and right to do so. It crosses the line when it is pushed on other people, or more accurate forced on people. This crap is getting out of control. And whomever wants to argue with me over my opinions on this matter, well they can just pass me by, because I won't engage in arguing with anyone here.
If you want to be transphobic that’s on you. As you said, you have no interest in discussing it. But treating others with respect and dignity is in no way disrespectful of our elders. So yes, I will continue to support others rights and being hateful won’t stop me.
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I'm literally in the middle of writing a paper on trans people so I hope this doesn't come across as transphobic. I can understand an old lady having some discomfort with someone she thought was male being around little girls, but the story indicates (although she denies it) that she said the employee was going to assault the girls, and I absolutely can't stand the narrative that paints LBGTQ people as pedophiles and rapists and groomers. That is bullshit and this lady apparently has several other offenses on file, so this feels like the straw that broke the camel's back.
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Angelgirl4478 wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:54 pm There is absolutely no respect for our elders anymore. The woman did nothing wrong in my opinion and I hope that most people side with the elderly lady in this situation. If people want to be "transgender", that is their personal prerogative and right to do so. It crosses the line when it is pushed on other people, or more accurate forced on people. This crap is getting out of control. And whomever wants to argue with me over my opinions on this matter, well they can just pass me by, because I won't engage in arguing with anyone here.
Maybe that elder should try being respectful first...
YMCA’s Marketing and Communications Manager, speaking with The Post Millennial, claims Jaman wasn't banned for this incident alone, but rather "repeatedly violating the Olympic Peninsula YMCA code of conduct, specifically, using disrespectful words or gestures towards YMCA staff or others; and abusive, harassing and/or obscene language or gestures towards YMCA staff or others."
Momto1son
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I am with the grandma on this. I would not be comfortable if my little girl was in the locker room.
Deleted User 2053

Unread post

Momto1son wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:02 pm I am with the grandma on this. I would not be comfortable if my little girl was in the locker room.
I second your response with full 100% support :)
Deleted User 2053

Unread post

jessilin0113 wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:47 pm
Maybe that elder should try being respectful first...
YMCA’s Marketing and Communications Manager, speaking with The Post Millennial, claims Jaman wasn't banned for this incident alone, but rather "repeatedly violating the Olympic Peninsula YMCA code of conduct, specifically, using disrespectful words or gestures towards YMCA staff or others; and abusive, harassing and/or obscene language or gestures towards YMCA staff or others."
No further comment by me. You have the right to your opinion, as I do mine :)
Paganprincess
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

So straight people are allowed to push their shit on others but god forbid the tables are turned.
Deleted User 2053

Unread post

Pixieprincess wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:10 am
So straight people are allowed to push their shit on others but god forbid the tables are turned.
What is it exactly that straight people are pushing on others? Because I haven't personally heard of anything that straight people are pushing anything on anybody. I am not trying to be a smart alec, I am being serious with my question to your response. I honestly don't know what you are talking about.

With my feelings on the transgender subject, I specifically said (did I not?) that when it comes to transgender people, that is their prerogative and right to do as they please. I don't agree with it. I think God made us as is, meaning God makes us female or male at birth, and we should remain as such. But that is my belief system. I have the right to my beliefs, as you do yours. But I don't think that anyone should be forced to share a locker room or bathroom with the opposite gender, especially if one isn't comfortable doing so. In all fairness, would you want your children (assuming if your kids are still children) to share a locker room or bathroom with someone of the opposite gender? Wouldn't you be concerned as a mother if a person that is transgendered was sharing the same bathroom, or in this case locker room with a possible pedophile? Hey, I'm just asking these two questions as fair questions. You can take it or leave it. I don't know how else I can ask you what I asked you. We clearly have a concerned Grandmother in this post, whom wasn't comfortable with a transgendered individual sharing the same locker room as her Grandchildren, and yet she gets kicked out the YMCA she was at. And why? it's because she complained with a legitimate complaint. Why does the transgender individual have more rights than this Grandmother in this story?
Locked Previous topicNext topic