YMCA bans grandma after she demanded transgender staff member leave women's locker room

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Paganprincess
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

BobCobbMagob wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:31 am
Pixieprincess wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:14 am
BobCobbMagob wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:09 am

Yeah… and they made all these rules because kids were getting molested left and right by the scouts.
There’s no reason to watch kids going to the bathroom, flushing or washing their hands.

Just ask them when they get out if they washed their hands…
Nothing creepy about standing in the bathroom. No one is watching them actually use the bathroom or flush. And depending on age they might still need help with certain things.

Girl scouts don't have the molestation issue boy scouts did.

You still failed to answer my question... Do you think it's creepy when teachers of young kids do the same?
Lol, you need to ask me a question before I can fail to answer it…

I think it’s creepy either way. Man, Woman, Non-Binary… whatever. I see no reason to go into the bathroom with a bunch of kids. By the time they’re in kindergarten, they can go themselves…
I did ask you a question... You obviously can't read.

Do you know how much kids play around in the bathroom when in a group? You are obviously oblivious to how kids act. Smh.
Paganprincess
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

BobCobbMagob wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:39 am
Pjmm wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:34 am
BobCobbMagob wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:09 am

Yeah… and they made all these rules because kids were getting molested left and right by the scouts.
There’s no reason to watch kids going to the bathroom, flushing or washing their hands.

Just ask them when they get out if they washed their hands…
There might be occasion where an adult may have to help a child. Hell I nearly panicked once because I was alone and couldn’t get out of a damned wetsuit. I had to somehow jam the back of it on my bed frame to pull it off. Now a bathing suit isn’t the same. But I could see a girl getting her suit ties into a knot and needing it undone. It’s happened to me. Again, two adult supervision would solve any accusations. But apparently the Y doesn’t have that rule. So it’s whatever. But Grandma assumed a lot here. People assume I’m a male when they talk to me on the phone. But I’m not.

If they need help , they must be under like five years old.

How old are these girls in the article?
My 11-year-old needs help to zip a dress or unzip a dress or sometimes to tie or untie her bathing suit because her arms don't reach like that. I also as an adult have difficulty unzipping and zipping a dress on my own. To think it's not possible to need help is delusional.
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

Pixieprincess wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:07 pm
Pixieprincess wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:14 am

Nothing creepy about standing in the bathroom. No one is watching them actually use the bathroom or flush. And depending on age they might still need help with certain things.

Girl scouts don't have the molestation issue boy scouts did.

You still failed to answer my question... Do you think it's creepy when teachers of young kids do the same?

I think it’s creepy either way. Man, Woman, Non-Binary… whatever. I see no reason to go into the bathroom with a bunch of kids. By the time they’re in kindergarten, they can go themselves…

Do you know how much kids play around in the bathroom when in a group? You are obviously oblivious to how kids act. Smh.
LMAO well I’m raising three of them and they’ve been able to go to the bathroom by themselves since they were four.

So either my kids are super talented, or no… that’s a requirement to start kindergarten. All kids can do it barring a medical reason.
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

Pixieprincess wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:10 pm
Pjmm wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:34 am

There might be occasion where an adult may have to help a child. Hell I nearly panicked once because I was alone and couldn’t get out of a damned wetsuit. I had to somehow jam the back of it on my bed frame to pull it off. Now a bathing suit isn’t the same. But I could see a girl getting her suit ties into a knot and needing it undone. It’s happened to me. Again, two adult supervision would solve any accusations. But apparently the Y doesn’t have that rule. So it’s whatever. But Grandma assumed a lot here. People assume I’m a male when they talk to me on the phone. But I’m not.

My 11-year-old needs help to zip a dress or unzip a dress or sometimes to tie or untie her bathing suit because her arms don't reach like that. I also as an adult have difficulty unzipping and zipping a dress on my own. To think it's not possible to need help is delusional.
Life tip-

Tie the bathing suit top, then put your arms through.
SoFloMom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

BobCobbMagob wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:14 pm

LMAO well I’m raising three of them and they’ve been able to go to the bathroom by themselves since they were four.

So either my kids are super talented, or no… that’s a requirement to start kindergarten. All kids can do it barring a medical reason.
Well when you have to handle 5 times the amount of kids: adult supervision is required.

Can you imagine the backlash if a camp counselor just sent in their 15+ kids to the bathroom while staying outside, kids are horsing around, and a child slipped on wet tile and cracked their head open.
The camp counselor would be completely at fault for not ensuring their safety.
Paganprincess
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

And your kids never ever needed help with something past the age of four I highly doubt that and if they didn't then yes they are super F***ing talented. And you are the world's most perfect mother.
Paganprincess
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

BobCobbMagob wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:15 pm
Pixieprincess wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:10 pm

Life tip-

Tie the bathing suit top, then put your arms through.
Yep and I taught her that but sometimes she still needs a little help. It's not unheard of. I don't need life tips from you though, you can keep those to yourself.
Paganprincess
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

SoFloMom wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:46 pm

Well when you have to handle 5 times the amount of kids: adult supervision is required.

Can you imagine the backlash if a camp counselor just sent in their 15+ kids to the bathroom while staying outside, kids are horsing around, and a child slipped on wet tile and cracked their head open.
The camp counselor would be completely at fault for not ensuring their safety.
She's never going to get it. She's the perfect mom with the most perfect kids that never need help
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

Pixieprincess wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:48 pm

And your kids never ever needed help with something past the age of four I highly doubt that and if they didn't then yes they are super F***ing talented. And you are the world's most perfect mother.
They didn’t need help going to the bathroom anymore… nor did any of the other kindergartners, so maybe I just come from an area filled with perfect mothers 🤷‍♀️
Paganprincess
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

BobCobbMagob wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:51 pm
Pixieprincess wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:48 pm

They didn’t need help going to the bathroom anymore… nor did any of the other kindergartners, so maybe I just come from an area filled with perfect mothers 🤷‍♀️
No one said that this person was helping them with bathing or going to the bathroom either the person was in their supervising like they should have been I don't get what's so hard for you to understand about that.
Locked Previous topicNext topic