YMCA bans grandma after she demanded transgender staff member leave women's locker room

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

BobCobbMagob wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:39 am
Pjmm wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:34 am
BobCobbMagob wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:09 am

Yeah… and they made all these rules because kids were getting molested left and right by the scouts.
There’s no reason to watch kids going to the bathroom, flushing or washing their hands.

Just ask them when they get out if they washed their hands…
There might be occasion where an adult may have to help a child. Hell I nearly panicked once because I was alone and couldn’t get out of a damned wetsuit. I had to somehow jam the back of it on my bed frame to pull it off. Now a bathing suit isn’t the same. But I could see a girl getting her suit ties into a knot and needing it undone. It’s happened to me. Again, two adult supervision would solve any accusations. But apparently the Y doesn’t have that rule. So it’s whatever. But Grandma assumed a lot here. People assume I’m a male when they talk to me on the phone. But I’m not.

If they need help , they must be under like five years old.

How old are these girls in the article?
I don’t know. But you’ve never needed help as an adult putting on a necklace? Or said to your SO hey I got a knot in my bathing suit tie can you help me get it out? It really doesn’t bother me the kid needed help. She did for whatever reason so the teacher took care of it. In full view of others since Grandma saw it. Who else was going to? And what if the teacher herself needed the bathroom? Was she to wait outside and leave children unattended? What does bother me? The language Grandma used. Look it’s fine to worry about what’s going on. And all she had to do was go to the front desk and say excuse me but I think there’s a man in the girls bathroom. Can you make sure everything is on the up and up? I think you agree with that part. But it’s not right to accuse someone of molesting children without proof. And that’s what this woman did. It also wasn’t the first time. Play stupid games Won stupid prizes.
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

No, I’ve never needed help getting dressed or undressed.

The grandma was crazy too, but I still think it’s weird for an adult to be overseeing bathroom time unless they are extremely young children.

Plus, it’s not just that the person was in there she was naked too…

There were gaps in the curtain and there I was, naked, with soap and water on me, and this guy, right there very close to me. I asked, ‘Do you have a penis?’ He said, ‘That’s none of your business.’ That’s when I told him, ‘Get out of here, right now,'"

And she says she didn’t say what she was accused of saying.
employees' actions in their confrontation with Jaman, and that the 80-year-old woman told the transgender staff member "you’re going to stick your f---ing penis in those little girls," a statement Jaman denies making.

"I am an 80-year-old woman and I do not talk like that." Jaman told the Substack page
Pjmm wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:12 am
Pjmm wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:34 am

There might be occasion where an adult may have to help a child. Hell I nearly panicked once because I was alone and couldn’t get out of a damned wetsuit. I had to somehow jam the back of it on my bed frame to pull it off. Now a bathing suit isn’t the same. But I could see a girl getting her suit ties into a knot and needing it undone. It’s happened to me. Again, two adult supervision would solve any accusations. But apparently the Y doesn’t have that rule. So it’s whatever. But Grandma assumed a lot here. People assume I’m a male when they talk to me on the phone. But I’m not.

I don’t know. But you’ve never needed help as an adult putting on a necklace? Or said to your SO hey I got a knot in my bathing suit tie can you help me get it out? It really doesn’t bother me the kid needed help. She did for whatever reason so the teacher took care of it. In full view of others since Grandma saw it. Who else was going to? And what if the teacher herself needed the bathroom? Was she to wait outside and leave children unattended? What does bother me? The language Grandma used. Look it’s fine to worry about what’s going on. And all she had to do was go to the front desk and say excuse me but I think there’s a man in the girls bathroom. Can you make sure everything is on the up and up? I think you agree with that part. But it’s not right to accuse someone of molesting children without proof. And that’s what this woman did. It also wasn’t the first time. Play stupid games Won stupid prizes.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

It’s very much normal to have a counselor or teacher go in with the kids. It isn’t creepy, they aren’t going into the stalls with the kids and watching them, they just stand in the locker room to supervise. The staff are in charge of the safety of the kids while they are in their care. They are can’t leave them unattended with a bunch of strangers. They just stand in there to make sure that the kids are behaving and that no one is giving them any problems.
BobCobbMagob wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:50 am No… I haven’t. That’s creepy and a red flag unless these are like toddlers. I have three kids that have done plenty of classes At gyms, ymcas, sports ect. And no one has ever followed them inside of the bathrooms when they’re going. Not me as a parent, not any of the coaches or instructors, no one.

Pixieprincess wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:44 am
BobCobbMagob wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:32 am I have no idea who you are or what you’ve posted.

I’m replying to the post itself.

“overseeing a group of young girls during their bathroom time”

You've never taken a group of kids to the bathroom and stood on the outside of the stalls and made sure everyone got to use the bathroom and wash their hands? We can assume that this person was the swim instructor for a class and was probably responsible for them during class time. So it's not unusual for her to stand in the locker room and make sure everyone is good to go.
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

You do you, but I’d be adamant that there does not need to be anyone helping my child go to the bathroom.
Olioxenfree wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:23 am It’s very much normal to have a counselor or teacher go in with the kids. It isn’t creepy, they aren’t going into the stalls with the kids and watching them, they just stand in the locker room to supervise. The staff are in charge of the safety of the kids while they are in their care. They are can’t leave them unattended with a bunch of strangers. They just stand in there to make sure that the kids are behaving and that no one is giving them any problems.
BobCobbMagob wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:50 am No… I haven’t. That’s creepy and a red flag unless these are like toddlers. I have three kids that have done plenty of classes At gyms, ymcas, sports ect. And no one has ever followed them inside of the bathrooms when they’re going. Not me as a parent, not any of the coaches or instructors, no one.

Pixieprincess wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:44 am

You've never taken a group of kids to the bathroom and stood on the outside of the stalls and made sure everyone got to use the bathroom and wash their hands? We can assume that this person was the swim instructor for a class and was probably responsible for them during class time. So it's not unusual for her to stand in the locker room and make sure everyone is good to go.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

BobCobbMagob wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:19 am No, I’ve never needed help getting dressed or undressed.

The grandma was crazy too, but I still think it’s weird for an adult to be overseeing bathroom time unless they are extremely young children.

There were gaps in the curtain and there I was, naked, with soap and water on me, and this guy, right there very close to me. I asked, ‘Do you have a penis?’ He said, ‘That’s none of your business.’ That’s when I told him, ‘Get out of here, right now,'"

employees' actions in their confrontation with Jaman, and that the 80-year-old woman told the transgender staff member "you’re going to stick your f---ing penis in those little girls," a statement Jaman denies making.

"I am an 80-year-old woman and I do not talk like that." Jaman told the Substack page

Sure and Clinton said “I didn’t have S*x with that woman.” We all know he did. It’s also not her business what anyone has. If some old lady questioned me I’d say it’s not her business either. She’s not the police and to assume someone isn’t a certain gender based on voice is insulting. That being said I believe in cub scouts leaders can’t assist scouts in the bathroom. Parents do that they must accompany their children on outings . Older scouts don’t need help but two leaders can use a bathroom with them. Idk about other camps but apparently the Y allows a teacher with the children. I suppose one would take that up with the organization.
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:35 am
BobCobbMagob wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:19 am No, I’ve never needed help getting dressed or undressed.

Sure and Clinton said “I didn’t have S*x with that woman.” We all know he did. It’s also not her business what anyone has. If some old lady questioned me I’d say it’s not her business either. She’s not the police and to assume someone isn’t a certain gender based on voice is insulting. That being said I believe in cub scouts leaders can’t assist scouts in the bathroom. Parents do that they must accompany their children on outings . Older scouts don’t need help but two leaders can use a bathroom with them. Idk about other camps but apparently the Y allows a teacher with the children. I suppose one would take that up with the organization.
So she’s probably lying? Maybe she’s not. This whole thing sounds weird and the YMCA is looking sketchy.

She’s an 80 year old woman who was naked at the time, and didn’t want a man to see her naked. If that’s not her business to worry about, what is?

It’s just time for communal showers to be a thing of the past.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Umm what happened and why did somebody delete their account now?

🤦🏻‍♀️
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

They aren’t helping them go to the bathroom. They are just standing in the locker room. They can’t just leave a group of children they are responsible for unattended in a public place. You have every right to choose where you want to send your kids, but they aren’t acting like creeps.
BobCobbMagob wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:27 am You do you, but I’d be adamant that there does not need to be anyone helping my child go to the bathroom.
Olioxenfree wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:23 am It’s very much normal to have a counselor or teacher go in with the kids. It isn’t creepy, they aren’t going into the stalls with the kids and watching them, they just stand in the locker room to supervise. The staff are in charge of the safety of the kids while they are in their care. They are can’t leave them unattended with a bunch of strangers. They just stand in there to make sure that the kids are behaving and that no one is giving them any problems.

Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

BobCobbMagob wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:44 am

So she’s probably lying? Maybe she’s not. This whole thing sounds weird and the YMCA is looking sketchy.

She’s an 80 year old woman who was naked at the time, and didn’t want a man to see her naked. If that’s not her business to worry about, what is?

You don’t just walk up to someone who sounds masculine, barge in, and accuse them of having a penis that’s what. Besides who wants to see her naked? I assume no one wants to see ME naked and I’m thirty years younger. 🤣 Others have said camps let counselors take children to the bathroom. I’m not sure what my boy’s summer camps did. The issue never came up. I just know what scouts do and that’s based on their previous problems. Usually scouts take a buddy to the bathroom. Leaders can go too in pairs or more. “Shrug”
The showers sounded like they were sectioned off by curtains. Not my idea of communal but whatever.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

BobCobbMagob wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:44 am

She went over to the staff member who was not in the showers. The staff member was not trying to see her naked. She could have just stayed in her shower stall away from the staff member and minded her own business. The staff member is not a man.
Locked Previous topicNext topic